Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

That noise gets washed out eventually. It's why seeing a consistent response person to person is such a big indicator, and why pharma is obsessed with a mechanism of action. Knowing how the drug works is great, but the best part is that by knowing how the drug works, you've proved the drug actually works.

It got washed out very quickly it seems lol. I just remember this so vividly b/c it was my confirmation bias showing and frankly, everyone's. We all wanted some super quick fix to this unknown thing that was ravaging the planet. Article after article was about Israel doing great things w/ treatments and drugs then turned out be nothing and me being disappointed w/ reality at the time.

At least we have tangible evidence now for helping keep everyone safe so I don't visit the "Good News" flair that often any more. That first six months though, I felt like I checked it every 4-5 hours if not more frequently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Ever since this thing began, there's been reports that they have all these drugs that work miracles but then are never talked about. If I dug far back into Reddit, where I used to spend most of my time when this started, I'd find them. There are many more examples as well but the first 6 months is what sticks out most. 

I’m referring more to their usage of the vaccine. For example, we knew early on that infection and transmission were much lower for the vaccinated than the unvaccinated because of Israel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Ever since this thing began, there's been reports that they have all these drugs that work miracles but then are never talked about. If I dug far back into Reddit, where I used to spend most of my time when this started, I'd find them. There are many more examples as well but the first 6 months is what sticks out most. 

I'll warn everyone here- don't look up what Ivermectin is doing to people. It is absolutely disgusting.

If you do look it up, don't say I didn't warn you.

16 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Despite that, still dealing with a slight outbreak here. At least it's happening before the regular season starts I guess.

It’s probably because the surrounding area (in this case Tennessee) has such a low vaccination rate.

17 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

21 fully vaccinated individuals here at my workplace tested positive for Covid, many of which describe symptoms for the Delta variant, and many of whom were also wearing masks.

my-fall-plans-delta-variant.png

Yeah man..

Is your school considering masks?  We had a meeting last night, apparently people argued for 3 hours and they didn’t even vote.  Highly productive stuff.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah man..

Is your school considering masks?  We had a meeting last night, apparently people argued for 3 hours and they didn’t even vote.  Highly productive stuff.

We mandated them K-6 for all students, mandated them for all staff/faculty, and are giving 7-12 grade the ability to choose for themselves/their parents choose.

I really want to extrapolate that further, but I'll allow others to, because...well...obvious reasons.

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

We mandated them K-6 for all students, mandated them for all staff/faculty, and are giving 7-12 grade the ability to choose for themselves/their parents choose.

I really want to extrapolate that further, but I'll allow others to, because...well...obvious reasons.

Has there been any further discussion just with delta and such?  

Apparently a ton of kids are testing positive in the district, especially at the high school, which prompted the board meeting.

17 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I'll warn everyone here- don't look up what Ivermectin is doing to people. It is absolutely disgusting.

If you do look it up, don't say I didn't warn you.

Is it because people are taking the dosage that is used for horses? From what I read a little while back, it seemed like another potential solution if the dosage was altered but needed to be run in bigger trials first. Haven't heard anything since then. 

Just now, JonStark said:

Is it because people are taking the dosage that is used for horses? From what I read a little while back, it seemed like another potential solution if the dosage was altered but needed to be run in bigger trials first. Haven't heard anything since then. 

It’s because morons are buying a horse dewormer from the Rural King and pretending they understand what they’re doing.

• Like 3