Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

8 hours ago, Xenos said:

Yup. At the end of the day, even if the risks were low, why not take the necessary precautions. Especially for something as simple as masking. Just a stupid mole hill to die on by a lot of stupid people especially parents.

Idk about you but wearing a mask 8 straight hours isn’t a little thing to me

Ive been pro mask. But we can’t pretend there’s no cost to masks in the workplace or at school for extended time periods, every day. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Ive been pro mask. But we can’t pretend there’s no cost to masks in the workplace or at school for extended time periods, every day. 

whats the cost? Healthcare workers have done it for decades. My nurses who work home care HAVE to wear them throughout their entire shifts. Despite the 7-10 of my 75 nurses who refuse to get the vaccine, there have never been any PPE complaints outside of that. People do it. Can it be inconvenient? Sure. Will it effect anyones job or performance? It shouldnt. 

• Like 2

Just now, Deadpulse said:

whats the cost? Healthcare workers have done it for decades. My nurses who work home care HAVE to wear them throughout their entire shifts. Despite the 7-10 of my 75 nurses who refuse to get the vaccine, there have never been any PPE complaints outside of that. People do it. Can it be inconvenient? Sure. Will it effect anyones job or performance? It shouldnt. 

The cost is they are uncomfortable and inconvenient 

When we are wearing masks to prevent mass deaths and healthcare system collapse I think that’s an easy call

Wearing masks forever to prevent seasonal flu level illness or protect anti vaxxers?  I can tell you that is not going to fly 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mission27 said:

The cost is they are uncomfortable and inconvenient 

When we are wearing masks to prevent mass deaths and healthcare system collapse I think that’s an easy call

Wearing masks forever to prevent seasonal flu level illness or protect anti vaxxers?  I can tell you that is not going to fly 

protecting the high risk, children, and compromised individuals who have no choice with the vaccine. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, mission27 said:

No, but he panders to humanoid scum who peddle that and other nonsense

Ok but why are we quoting stuff that isn't true then? That's my point. Y'all spread misinformation to make the other team look bad like it's your job. That's corny. 

https://www.wfla.com/community/health/coronavirus/vaccines-are-saving-lives-desantis-stresses-importance-of-shots-as-florida-covid-cases-spike-criticizes-mask-mandates/

The truth is important. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Ok but why are we quoting stuff that isn't true then? That's my point. Y'all spread misinformation to make the other team look bad like it's your job. That's corny. 

https://www.wfla.com/community/health/coronavirus/vaccines-are-saving-lives-desantis-stresses-importance-of-shots-as-florida-covid-cases-spike-criticizes-mask-mandates/

The truth is important. 

misinformation can go both ways

• Like 2

Just now, Deadpulse said:

misinformation can go both ways

Agreed. I'm not defending any side. I'm just saying people shouldn't quote stuff that isn't true when the exact opposite was said. That causes more problems than it fixes and it's childish. Toxic tribalists are ruining this country. Too much finger pointing, so little self-awareness, and it's annoying...... at least that's my opinion lol. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Agreed. I'm not defending any side. I'm just saying people shouldn't quote stuff that isn't true when the exact opposite was said. That causes more problems than it fixes and it's childish. Toxic tribalists are ruining this country. Too much finger pointing, so little self-awareness, and it's annoying...... at least that's my opinion lol. 

Preach GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mission27 said:

Idk about you but wearing a mask 8 straight hours isn’t a little thing to me

I do have to wear a mask when working inside my office space. I’m used to it. And in the end, this is really just a temporary thing until we get more people vaccinated. Whether through mandates, passports, or whatever persuasive touch points.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

protecting the high risk, children, and compromised individuals who have no choice with the vaccine. 

And also the vaccinated in low vaccination areas unfortunately.

Edited by Xenos

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

The truth is important. 

It’s great that he’s recommending people get vaccinated. But sometimes you need to do more than just recommend when your state’s hospitals are being overwhelmed and there’s a public health crisis. Maybe let vaccine mandates happen. Additionally why is he doing counterproductive things like preventing schools from mandating masks and other health measures? 

• Like 1

Four things to ponder regarding this current wave.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/future-perfect/2021/8/25/22627918/covid-pandemic-mindset-delta-kids-harm-reduction

1. Hospitalizations and deaths — not infections — may now be the numbers to watch.

2. Instead of trying to eliminate risk, aim to reduce it.

3. Are kids less vulnerable or more vulnerable than adults?

4. The pandemic was always global. Why are so many health strategies still local?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

The truth is important. 

This is nothing more than lip service. He is speaking out of both sides of his mouth.

He wants to be able to say "i rEcOmMeNdEd tHe vAcCiNe" when he is up for re-election, without actually doing anything of significance. If he actually gave a ****, he would have a mask mandate, or at the absolute least not have a ban on mask mandates. Actions speak louder than words and all this guy does is blow wind

Only recently have the elephant leadership (and media) started to recommend vaccinations. Anti-maskers/vaxers are still living in 2020. Its 2021. Delta is what we all feared the original strain of covid was in early march of 2020. It replicates as much as 1000 times faster than the original strain. This makes it more contagious and more deadly. The "cOvId oNlY kIlLz .1%" was true(ish) in 2020, sure. But in 2021, that is true BUT ONLY IF YOU ARE VACCINATED. 

so please spare us the rhetoric, grandstanding, and ignorant behavior and just follow the very basic rules of human decency so we can all put this in the rearview mirror 

• Like 4

They're not testing as many vaxxed players, but at the very least- vaxxed players are not showing symptoms or else they'd need to be tested. Also, this:

This trend is something I've noticed from nurses I've heard or known to get infected. The few I've heard of catching it had hardly any symptoms, and confused it with allergies. I did here of someone from my wife's circle having a tough bout with it after being fully vaxxed, but she was in her 60s.

The NFL is going to be an interesting case study. That's for sure!
Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1