Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

Found this interview to be interesting. I didn't really keep up with all the arguments about covid/different policy ideas/etc, so was my first time hearing about this "declaration".

Hopefully after Delta finishes surging through we're just largely done with any new variants and etc, but if not I do wonder if the policies might look more like what he suggests in this video.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Maine's Governor has mandated healthcare staff to be fully vaccinated by october 1st. This includes my industry, home health care. They already have an MMR-Varicella and Flu Vaccine mandate in the State, which no nurse has ever had a problem with. We are calling through our staff today to get an idea of where they stand re; vaccination status. Some of the ish from these nurses is just asanine. So I just went looking for local stories and nurses are PROTESTING the mandate despite having FIVE vaccines previously mandated of them. ITS NOT DIFFERENT. One nurse in Maine was interviewed saying that she truly 100% believes that the covid-19 vaccine is POISON. 

GIF by WE tv

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Be a real shame if Isiah McKenzie's very public gmail address was inadvertently subscribed to tons of pharmaceutical newsletters so he gets kept up to date on all the exciting developments.

he comes off like such a tool if you read the letter lol

they even gave him a written warning. Too bad they can't fine him even more.

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

he comes off like such a tool if you read the letter lol

they even gave him a written warning. Too bad they can't fine him even more.

It goes up to a 4 game conduct detrimental suspension. He's in a staring contest with a machine that doesn't even know it's playing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mission27 said:

Tbf… If you’re a fully vaccinated individual with a functioning immune system the risk of bad outcomes is still incredibly low, no matter how much you are exposed to unmasked unvaccinated people.  As is the risk for reasonably healthy children, vaccine or not. 

I’m sure there are pro and anti mask in school arguments.  But the discussion can’t start without acknowledging that the risk for vaccinated adults and even unvaccinated children from Covid is quite low, and statistically almost certainly lower than the risk from stuff like seasonal flu.  Delta presents new challenges but we are in a much different place than last fall.

You’re not wrong, but we also have no idea what type of long term issues could arise from multiple infections, long term vaccine efficacy, etc.  

There are still a lot of unknowns and masking is absolutely a reasonable and effective step at this point in time, especially for unvaccinated people.

Not to mention those masks will help reduce infections related to the flu and other viruses as well.  I personally did less flu symptom related triages in 2020 than any other year by a wide margin and it’s because these measure are effective.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You’re not wrong, but we also have no idea what type of long term issues could arise from multiple infections, long term vaccine efficacy, etc.  

There are still a lot of unknowns and masking is absolutely a reasonable and effective step at this point in time, especially for unvaccinated people.

Not to mention those masks will help reduce infections related to the flu and other viruses as well.  I personally did less flu symptom related triages in 2020 than any other year by a wide margin and it’s because these measure are effective.

Yup. At the end of the day, even if the risks were low, why not take the necessary precautions. Especially for something as simple as masking. Just a stupid mole hill to die on by a lot of stupid people especially parents.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Anecdotally i haven’t had so much as a cold since covid started.  No one in the family has until a week or two ago when my oldest had one…. coincidentally after school started with no masks.

Me neither. The kiddo did get a couple  the last few months. But not Covid related, and he was able to recover fine. Even if he was upset about being sick for the first time in a long time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Yup. At the end of the day, even if the risks were low, why not take the necessary precautions. Especially for something as simple as masking. Just a stupid mole hill to die on by a lot of stupid people especially parents.

Yeah that’s my whole thing, it’s just such an easy and effective measure.

• Like 1