Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

6 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Edit: appeals court blocked mandate

Huge win for human rights

Its a stay... extremely different and not a win or indication of the outcome for either side of the case

Have fun fist pumping "human rights" though

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Its a stay... extremely different and not a win or indication of the outcome for either side of the case

Have fun fist pumping "human rights" though

Gosh dang it Deadpulse, I do too have the human right to only care about myself and no one else’s safety in society 😆

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Xenos said:

Gosh dang it Deadpulse, I do too have the human right to only care about myself and no one else’s safety in society 😆

99.9% of the "personal choice" crowd are unwittingly members of the "freedom from consequence" crowd, which is ironically the complete opposite of what they pretend to stand for.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Xenos said:

That has nothing to do with potentially violating the constitution. Giving the President that massive, sweeping power is a completely separate issue. You can be pro-vaccination and anti-give the President dictator-esque power. For some reason people are confusing the two.

2 hours ago, Woz said:

*turns on the Green Bay - Kansas City game*
*sees the 3rd down stats and other problems*

@beekay414, but he's still vaccinated! He's got that going for him!!

I mean this is what happens sometimes when you don’t have that much time with your offense. Got to give credit to KC’s defense on their improvements lately also.

56 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

That has nothing to do with potentially violating the constitution. Giving the President that massive, sweeping power is a completely separate issue. You can be pro-vaccination and anti-give the President dictator-esque power. For some reason people are confusing the two.

Not sure what dictatorship or constitutional violation you’re talking about given the fact that it’s not really vaccine a mandate for private businesses. So I disagree. 

Just now, Xenos said:

Not sure what dictatorship or constitutional violation you’re talking about given the fact that it’s not really vaccine a mandate for private businesses. So I disagree. 

Well you're a good deal more authoritarian than I am, given you've been advocating for widespread forced mandates for a long time, so that doesn't surprise me. Doesn't make it legal, doesn't mean there is precedent, and doesn't mean the President should be able to make that call. Forcing businesses to conduct weekly tests included. If all businesses and/or States made that call? So be it. That's not the case.

Anyone who looks at it in reality should be concerned with how fast the goalposts have shifted, and where it goes next. In July, the White House said "it is not the role of the Federal Government to issue a vaccine mandate". As of this week, they are already looking for ways to implement a vaccine for businesses under 100 employees. They went from "it's not our role" to "mandates for the entire country" in four months. If that doesn't concern you, you're extremely naive. 

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Well you're a good deal more authoritarian than I am, given you've been advocating for widespread forced mandates for a long time, so that doesn't surprise me. Doesn't make it legal, doesn't mean there is precedent, and doesn't mean the President should be able to make that call. Forcing businesses to conduct weekly tests included. If all businesses and/or States made that call? So be it. That's not the case.

Anyone who looks at it in reality should be concerned with how fast the goalposts have shifted, and where it goes next. In July, the White House said "it is not the role of the Federal Government to issue a vaccine mandate". As of this week, they are already looking for ways to implement a vaccine for businesses under 100 employees. They went from "it's not our role" to "mandates for the entire country" in four months. If that doesn't concern you, you're extremely naive. 

Can you guess why they’re moving to mandates since July? And no, it doesn’t concern me because I know why it’s happening. This has absolutely nothing to do with authoritarians. Your personal freedom stops when it harms others. Just like it’s not authoritarian to have laws against drunk driving.

5 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Can you guess why they’re moving to mandates since July? And no, it doesn’t concern me because I know why it’s happening. This has absolutely nothing to do with authoritarians. Your personal freedom stops when it harms others. Just like it’s not authoritarian to have laws against drunk driving.

It's literally the definition of authoritarianism.

"favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom."

They didn't say "we don't want to do mandates". They said "it's not the role of the Federal Government". Pull the wool over your eyes all you want. The facts remain. Cases going up (and guess what, hospitalizations are down over 50% the last two months) does not mean you get to change the rule of law.

25 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

It's literally the definition of authoritarianism.

"favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom."

They didn't say "we don't want to do mandates". They said "it's not the role of the Federal Government". Pull the wool over your eyes all you want. The facts remain. Cases going up (and guess what, hospitalizations are down over 50% the last two months) does not mean you get to change the rule of law.

I guess we’ll see what the legal process and courts decides then.

Edited by Xenos

The comparison with drink driving is so stupid.

Are people who are obese (and therefore more likely to catch covid badly, have a much larger viral load and infect more people) also effectively out there 'drink driving'? Would you be happy for companies to insist upon a minimum BMI that workers must meet before allowed in the office? And shops to turn overweight people away for posing too much of a threat to other customers?

Vaccines and vaccine mandates are two completely separate things.

22 minutes ago, JonMcC2018 said:

Are people who are obese (and therefore more likely to catch covid badly, have a much larger viral load and infect more people)

Those last two things are just patently false statements, which pretty much destroys your bat ish comparison lol

• Like 3