Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

22 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I don’t know if Cali’s numbers are that much worse. We still need to get more people vaccinated, especially kids now that the vaccine is available. But here’s a good breakdown for what happened in Florida. I don’t know if I would trade deaths for cases.

https://news.yahoo.com/florida-now-has-americas-lowest-covid-rate-does-ron-de-santis-deserve-credit-090013615.html?.tsrc=374

Also makes Me wonder how many of those who died are elderly. Those numbers aren't age adjusted I don't think. Unless I missed something. Florida has the highest senior population of all states.

6 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

The top 5 states in cases are 1. California 2. Texas 3. Florida 4. New York 5. Illinois and the top 5 states in population are 1. California 2. Texas 3. Florida 4. New York 5. Illinois. So it does seem like whether you were locked down tight or wide open to the world it all turned out the same.

Adjusted per capita puts Cali and New York far out in their own because Cali and New York went a tad overboard and now are facing the repercussions 

Edited by BullsandBroncos
  • Like 1

Why boosters are more important now than they were two months ago.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/11/10/why-young-healthy-people-should-get-covid-vaccine-booster-shots.html

The initial rationale for distributing booster shots was simple: Some people needed additional protection against Covid to prevent hospitalizations and deaths, but most didn't. For the majority of fully vaccinated people, getting Covid meant extremely mild symptoms, or no symptoms at all.

That calculus has changed, says Dr. Colleen Kelley, an associate professor of medicine in the division of infectious diseases at Emory University School of Medicine. The virus that causes Covid continues to spread, due largely to millions of people who remain unvaccinated, and vaccine protection is waning more significantly over time than experts expected two months ago.

That means the odds of breakthrough infections in fully vaccinated people — with potentially serious symptoms — are increasing. Booster shots, Kelley says, can increase antibody levels enough to help prevent those infections and return any breakthrough symptoms to a mild or nonexistent state

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Also makes Me wonder how many of those who died are elderly. Those numbers aren't age adjusted I don't think. Unless I missed something. Florida has the highest senior population of all states.

Considering that lot of the people hospitalized were young and unvaccinated….

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Adjusted per capita puts Cali and New York far out in their own because Cali and New York went a tad overboard and now are facing the repercussions 

And yet by deaths…

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/

Sidenote: at least with New York it made sense given that they were the original epicenter. No excuses for other places like Texas and Florida.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

The top 5 states in cases are 1. California 2. Texas 3. Florida 4. New York 5. Illinois and the top 5 states in population are 1. California 2. Texas 3. Florida 4. New York 5. Illinois. So it does seem like whether you were locked down tight or wide open to the world it all turned out the same.

run what GIF by Lisa Vertudaches

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Or, COVID is so transmissible that even a handful of malcontents and invalids can cause havoc with their callousness and inadequacies.

• Like 2

On 11/9/2021 at 3:33 PM, Deadpulse said:

3 reasons

He wont say what the allergy is. To say he has one but not of what is asinine, there is no reason to keep that a secret. 

Allergies to any of the ingredients are beyond rare. 

He isn't allergic to the J&J shot

There is nothing wrong with keeping his health private though. He doesn't owe us an explanation.

I say that as someone who who has never really cared for Rodgers as a person.

• Like 3