Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

20 hours ago, Dosin said:

Does anyone know what percent of the population is guestimated to have had Covid?  We all know the true numbers are higher than positive tests.

This is what I could find:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/620738/

HOW MUCH IMMUNITY DO WE EVEN HAVE?

Here are the basic numbers: The U.S. has fully vaccinated 59 percent of the country and recorded enough cases to account for 14 percent of the population. (Though, given limited testing, those case numbers almost certainly underestimate true infections.) What we don’t know is how to put these two numbers together, says Elizabeth Halloran, an epidemiologist at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. What percentage of Americans have immunity against the coronavirus—from vaccines or infection or both?

This is the key number that will determine the strength of our immunity wall this winter, but it’s impossible to pin down with the data we have. This uncertainty matters because even a small percentage difference in overall immunity translates to a large number of susceptible people. For example, an additional 5 percent of Americans without immunity is 16.5 million people, and 16.5 million additional infections could mean hundreds of thousands more hospitalizations. Because unvaccinated people tend to cluster geographically and because many hospital intensive-care units run close to capacity even in non-pandemic times, it doesn’t take very many sick patients to overwhelm a local health-care system.

On 11/17/2021 at 10:40 AM, Chiefer said:

I got my second Moderna shot in May, when should i get a booster?

I did the same; I'm going to start trying to schedule mine after Thanksgiving. 6+ months is what I've heard as well, so I'm going to give it about 6.5-7.

My friend put it best when talking about her decision to get her booster as soon as she possibly could: "it's been going well so far, so let's keep this party going".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

So apparently vials labeled‘smallpox’ were found at Merck. Love how all these crazy stories always come out about Pfizer’s competition.

And only one lab in the US and one lab in Russia are supposed to stock the smallpox virus.  LOL.  I trust a used condom from a porcupine more than Russia.  (I'm sure the US doesn't play by the rules either)

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Got my booster last night, was expecting side effects as I had some after my second dose but so far just a sore arm.

Thats Nice Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I had a slight headache that day, but was fine for the most part.

Still waiting for my Adamantium claws to go with my 5G.

• Like 2

Is this normal?

The FDA has asked a federal judge to make the public wait until the year 2076 to disclose all of the data and information it relied upon to license Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine. That is not a typo. It wants 55 years to produce this information to the public.

15 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Is this normal?

The FDA has asked a federal judge to make the public wait until the year 2076 to disclose all of the data and information it relied upon to license Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine. That is not a typo. It wants 55 years to produce this information to the public.

Seems legit 🙄

26 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Is this normal?

No clue but I'd love to hear the argument as to why it's necessary.