Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

29 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Seems legit 🙄

Fifth, although Plaintiff takes issue with the amount of time it will take to process 329,000 pages at a rate of 500 pages per month, such a result is due to its own broad FOIA request. Courts do not waiver from the standard 500 page per month processing rate even when a FOIA request would take years to process.

Helps to read.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Is this normal?

The FDA has asked a federal judge to make the public wait until the year 2076 to disclose all of the data and information it relied upon to license Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine. That is not a typo. It wants 55 years to produce this information to the public.

It’s a product of lawyers or laypeople who are clueless drafting FOIA requests.

It is one of the “101” lessons for seeking records of any kind.  If you draft a broad request, or brazenly request “all” of anything in a particular category, without narrowing the scope in anyway, then you may as well not even file it.  Even if it is granted, you’ll be hopelessly drowning in paper.  Particularly, when it is to a party that is either a corporation, institution, or government entity (e.g., not an individual).

You will be either greeted with 50 TBs of encrypted files or a couple dozen big rig truckloads of files and notes, likely after an extended process for the supplying entity to review the files for information required by intervening law or privilege to be redacted.

This process is cumbersome, so courts will typically set a schedule for incremental provisions of certain amounts of files or pages.  These amounts must be reasonable given capacity, but under precedent is typically 500 pages, with slight variation based on Circuit.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Okay Pfizer bot. And I’m sure 329,000 pages is completely necessary too. I’m sure it’s not designed to finesse the slow and inefficient government bureaucracy.

Well, to be in compliance with the court’s order on the FOIA request, it is necessary.

The government would be subject to sanctions if they failed to turn over anything relevant given the sheer breadth of the FOIA request.

That’s why you draft documents meticulously and properly.  The amount is substantially reduced, process expedited, and obliged to a good-faith effort to not be needlessly cumbersome — if a competent individual drafted the FOIA requests.

Edited by SwAg
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Okay Pfizer bot. And I’m sure 329,000 pages is completely necessary too. I’m sure it’s not designed to finesse the slow and inefficient government bureaucracy.

Wait but I thought you were the bot?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Don't get mad because you didn't read anything and got mad over a headline. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I mean both can be true. Bots arguing with bots has been exposed on Twitter many times. If you want to post a picture cut into 16 squares I can point out which squares have bicycles if you need me too.

Instead of a picture cut into 16 squares, I would rather you read the article in question.

This helped answer one question I had.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/future-perfect/2021/11/19/22790562/covid-booster-should-i-get-needs-it-more

If I’m healthy and get a booster, am I taking a dose away from someone who needs it more?

A lot of these questions are complicated, but here’s one we can be fairly sure of: Your booster shot, if you choose to get one, is very likely not directly coming at the expense of other people, experts told me.

The concern stems from the fact that many people in the US will be getting their third shot when about half of the world hasn’t had even one shot. That’s not just an injustice and a humanitarian wrong, it’s also strategically foolish: Virus variants can develop more easily when Covid-19 cases are high, and vaccines are the most effective way to lower them.

If skipping a booster would get that shot to someone in a poor country instead, I’d prefer to do that.

But that’s not really how vaccine allocation works. Many months ago, the US placed orders with Moderna and Pfizer for millions of doses of their vaccines. Other countries and international organizations did the same.

Those orders, experts told me, are being fulfilled in the order they were placed — so if Moderna is committed to delivering 20 million doses to the US first, then 10 million to France next, that’s the order they will send them. And if the US orders additional doses now in response to increased demand from booster-getters like us, that request will be at the back of the queue.

Not getting your booster won’t get that shot to people in other countries who need them more. What might help, Amanda Glassman, senior fellow at the Center for Global Development, told me, is queue-swapping: the US formally ceding its place in line to other countries that need it more or to Covax, the international alliance to vaccinate the world.

On 11/16/2021 at 11:00 AM, ET80 said:

Hey @ramssuperbowl99! Not sure what sort of landing space we're on with the Ponzi scheme we had planned out, but I've got a new plan - profiteering off of people who want to get un-vaccinated after they get their jab and boost!

Hey @ET80. The Ponzi scheme is still on, but I'm definitely in on this. 

My bad for not responding to stuff, been a great/crazy few weeks. I ended up getting a new job, and set the start date so that I had 2 weeks off after my giving notice just to hit reset with everything. Long story short, wound up with 4 weeks completely free. Still haven't started, so instead of going stir crazy I ended up giving a few family members and friends calls, asking if anybody had some time/wanted a visitor. Ended up booking last minute flights to Atlanta and New York, plus spending some time in Chicago. Still gonna get these next few days off, and will see family over Thanksgiving too. Plus the new gig is a company based in California, so I'm likely gonna get to travel out there a bunch.

Also, my idea for a new scheme: a drug that makes you think you had a job, then lets you quit it. 

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

My bad for not responding to stuff, been a great/crazy few weeks. I ended up getting a new job, and set the start date so that I had 2 weeks off after my giving notice just to hit reset with everything. Long story short, wound up with 4 weeks completely free. Still haven't started, so instead of going stir crazy I ended up giving a few family members and friends calls, asking if anybody had some time/wanted a visitor. Ended up booking last minute flights to Atlanta and New York, plus spending some time in Chicago. Still gonna get these next few days off, and will see family over Thanksgiving too. Plus the new gig is a company based in California, so I'm likely gonna get to travel out there a bunch.

Also, my idea for a new scheme: a drug that makes you think you had a job, then lets you quit it. 

You can join a legendary MoL summit in CA

@mission27

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Now, a partnership requires two, but there is no reason that duo cannot become a triumvirate.

I want in on these scams.  Anything to do with health and freedom that the easy mark crowd will bite on.  Maybe drugs that cause the person you imagine arguing against in the shower to materialize and actually engage in hand to hand combat.

Between the three of us, there is a legitimate front.  Dummy us up an LLC in a jurisdiction that opposes veil piercing for liability, and craft our actions around avoiding elements of the federal criminal code.  That will buy us at least eight years before they can get viable racketeering charges against us, then simply hope we made enough to justify absconding.

• Like 3