Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

It's likely everywhere at this point or will be very soon. Hopefully this variant doesn't end up being more contagious and/or deadly.

Correct - it probably has spread to a already - but - the good news IMO - the speed we're now identifying these mutations - which increases the speed they can begin targeted research.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Is anyone still working on a vaccine that prevents transmission of the virus?

You mean further transmission against a more contagious variant? Because they all currently work to reduce transmission.

20 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

No I mean prevent. Like vaccines are supposed to do. Like they led us to believe these failed ones were going to do.

there has never been, in the history of man, a 100% efficacy vaccine. Other vaccines in the past have eradicated the disease because... and stay with me here... almost the entire population got the vaccine. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

there has never been, in the history of man, a 100% efficacy vaccine. Other vaccines in the past have eradicated the disease because... and stay with me here... almost the entire population got the vaccine. 

But freedom?!!!!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

The vaccines we all got as kids are over 90% effective. Except mumps which is 88%.  It didn’t matter who else got them. They just worked. I’m sure the COVID vaccine makers tried their best but they need to keep trying.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

The vaccines we all got as kids are over 90% effective. Except mumps which is 88%.  It didn’t matter who else got them. They just worked. I’m sure the COVID vaccine makers tried their best but they need to keep trying.

Im sorry but... 

The vaccine was 95 percent effective in preventing COVID-19 disease among these clinical trial participants...

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine-frequently-asked-questions#:~:text=The vaccine was 95 percent,were classified as severe.

That number fluctuates depending on the study and the vaccine but they will all list them between 88%-97% efficacy. 

So again, if you want it to work as well as the mumps and all those other vaccines we get as kids, tell people to get it and it will. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

And schools required kids to be vaccinated. People have to get the vaccines for them to work. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Im sorry but... 

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine-frequently-asked-questions#:~:text=The vaccine was 95 percent,were classified as severe.

That number fluctuates depending on the study and the vaccine but they will all list them between 88%-97% efficacy. 

So again, if you want it to work as well as the mumps and all those other vaccines we get as kids, tell people to get it and it will. 

Idc what the early studies showed. It’s clear as day to any reasonable person that these vaccines aren’t 90% effective at prevention.  Show me an audit of the studies and I might believe that. If you put a bunch of office workers who were working from home in 2020 in the vaccine group and a bunch of ER nurses in the placebo group. You can make these studies tell you anything you want.

2 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Idc what the early studies showed. It’s clear as day to any reasonable person that these vaccines aren’t 90% effective at prevention.  Show me an audit of the studies and I might believe that. If you put a bunch of office workers who were working from home in 2020 in the vaccine group and a bunch of ER nurses in the placebo group. You can make these studies tell you anything you want.

it drops over time, its why boosters are being administered. Also, the internet exists for you too, look it up. You seems to care enough to come in here an ask, you could probably type the same thing into google. I wont go through the effort for you though, since in the same post you both ask me for data and then explain how you wont trust it anyways lol. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Show me an audit of the studies and I might believe that.

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:
5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I wont go through the effort for you though, since in the same post you both ask me for data and then explain how you wont trust it anyways lol. 

Yeah that never happened.

Confused Nick Young | Know Your Meme

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I wasn’t actually asking you to provide an audit. I’m fairly certain that doesn’t exist. We’re going to have to wait 55 years to find anything close to that.

right because 200m fully vaxed people in the US is giving us zero data 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

You’re literally missing half of the equation.

1) You need a vaccine to be highly effective. That’s true.

2) But you also need a lot of people to get vaccinated, which is what everyone is trying to tell you. Do you understand why there’s an occasional measles outbreak? It’s because stupid people don’t vaccinate their kids and therefore they put others at risk, even the vaccinated.

• Like 3