Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

16 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

On the Rodgers situation. Why is everyone ignoring that he said he’s allergic to one of the ingredients and the CDC says don’t take it if you’re allergic to any of the ingredients?

3 reasons

He wont say what the allergy is. To say he has one but not of what is asinine, there is no reason to keep that a secret. 

Allergies to any of the ingredients are beyond rare. 

He isn't allergic to the J&J shot

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

3 reasons

He wont say what the allergy is. To say he has one but not of what is asinine, there is no reason to keep that a secret. 

With regard to the J&J shot 😆

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

3 reasons

4) The NFL offers medical exemptions.

So we know his purported allergy did not stand up to actual scrutiny given he submitted a giant report and got laughed at by them.

• Like 4

A quick guide to which booster to get. I’m getting mine next week. I was hoping to wait at least until a year passes. But with winter coming and cases looking like they’re on the rise again, looks like I’m caving in.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2021/11/08/confused-about-which-covid-booster-to-get-this-guide-will-help/

Edited by Xenos

7 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Mother in law didn't get stuck and got rona in New York. Was given ivermectin and mono-clonal antibodies when she finally arrived back in Florida via car. Tested negative 4 days later. Wonder if that would've worked on my co worker that passed away 

How much did that cost her?

• Like 2

Unvaccinated Texans 40 times as likely to die of covid as those fully vaccinated in 2021, study says.

The report from the Texas Department of State Health Services examined data from Jan. 15 to Oct. 1 and found that unvaccinated people were much more likely to get infected and die of the coronavirus than those who got their shots.

Of the nearly 29,000 covid-linked fatalities in Texas during that period, more than 85 percent were of unvaccinated individuals. Nearly 7 percent of the deaths were among partially vaccinated people, while nearly 8 percent were fully vaccinated.

34 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Her boyfriend has god level money. Afraid to ask. But it was prescribed by a doctor.

I know ivermectin isn't that expensive but I would imagine the antibodies are

I mean she didn’t need the ivermectin to put it nicely. The monoclonal antibody therapy was enough.

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

I mean she didn’t need the ivermectin to put it nicely. The monoclonal antibody therapy was enough.

Ballpark price with insurance? I wanna know how much they spent lol

I'm starting to wonder why the rates in NY and Cali are so much worse when Texas and Florida are was less strict at the moment without hearing the singular reasoning of cold weather because Cali ain't cold.

Edited by BullsandBroncos

17 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Ballpark price with insurance? I wanna know how much they spent lol

I'm starting to wonder why the rates in NY and Cali are so much worse when Texas and Florida are was less strict at the moment without hearing the singular reasoning of cold weather because Cali ain't cold.

I don’t know if Cali’s numbers are that much worse. We still need to get more people vaccinated, especially kids now that the vaccine is available. But here’s a good breakdown for what happened in Florida. I don’t know if I would trade deaths for cases.

https://news.yahoo.com/florida-now-has-americas-lowest-covid-rate-does-ron-de-santis-deserve-credit-090013615.html?.tsrc=374

But is that true? Did DeSantis “do” anything to improve Florida’s COVID numbers? And does the state’s 180-degree turn somehow prove that more cautious policies “provide no benefits”?

The answer is no.

It’s doubtful even DeSantis himself would claim he’s the reason Florida is recording so many fewer COVID cases today than in August. The virus, we’ve known for some time, comes in waves — waves that ascend, peak and ultimately recede on a remarkably consistent timeline.

According to the New York Times’s David Leonhardt, “Covid has often followed a regular — if mysterious — cycle. In one country after another, the number of new cases has often surged for roughly two months before starting to fall.” And “the Delta variant, despite its intense contagiousness, has followed this pattern.”

Florida is no exception: Cases started rising there in late June and started falling in late August — right on schedule. Likewise, all the states where COVID cases have fallen the most during the past two weeks — Tennessee, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, Kentucky, North Carolina — are states that endured huge peaks in mid-September. And the higher the peak — the more people recently infected — the sharper the descent. 

The tragedy is that, unlike before, the vast majority of these deaths were preventable. DeSantis and his defenders might argue that it’s only a matter of time before the worst of Delta hits places like California too, further proving that a more cautious approach to the virus “provide[s] no benefits.” But that doesn’t explain why Florida’s peak daily COVID death rate was 2.5 times higher than California’s last summer — and nearly six times higher this summer. It doesn’t explain why California fell about 10 places on the state-by-state list of cumulative death rates at the same time Florida climbed nearly 20.

And it doesn’t explain why whatever price Californians paid this summer — no lockdowns, no business closures, no shuttered classrooms, no official curbs on indoor drinking or dining; just masks and tests in school and masks and vaccinations at some indoor businesses — was less acceptable than the price tens of thousands of Floridians paid when they lost their lives.

Edited by Xenos

The top 5 states in cases are 1. California 2. Texas 3. Florida 4. New York 5. Illinois and the top 5 states in population are 1. California 2. Texas 3. Florida 4. New York 5. Illinois. So it does seem like whether you were locked down tight or wide open to the world it all turned out the same.

• Like 2