Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

But Vaxxed are getting sick.

That's the common misconception that people have though. Vaccinations aren't meant to keep you 100% safe from getting the virus or spreading it although they do help in prevention quite a bit. They're meant to dramatically reduce your chances from going to the hospital and dying or really just having a severe reaction when contracting the virus.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Baker...and the 8 other starters, when if the Browns could just beat the Raiders they'd be at the top of the AFC North, but since they're going to lose, their season is effectively over now. Fun times in Cleveland. I wonder why I'm so cynical again?

My respect for Brown's fans just grows season after season...... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

If you get COVID, is there a way to ask what variant you got? It doesn't show up in tests right?

A few months ago I looked into it and you are not allowed to know what variant you got. They know but for some reason don't want stuff public. Probably because they don't want more misinformation or theories. After Delta, Lambda and Mu were here but Megatron is tearing through Earth transforming and will help get things back to normal because it 'should' rip through the vaxxed and unvaxxed which is like everyone getting shots close to the same time/cycle. So I see the bright side of this. 

Edited by G

6 minutes ago, G said:

A few months ago I looked into it and you are not allowed to know what variant you got. They know but for some reason don't want stuff public. Probably because they don't want more misinformation or theories. After Delta, Lambda and Mu were here but Megatron is tearing through Earth transforming and will help get things back to normal because it 'should' rip through the vaxxed and unvaxxed which is like everyone getting shots close to the same time/cycle. So I see the bright side of this. 

You do realize that Omicron is ripping through the previously infected also right?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, G said:

Sounds like it might be more of a research-blinding effect:

Because the tests that are used have not been approved as diagnostic tools under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments program, which is overseen by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, they can only be used for research purposes.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210914/covid-strain-unknown-to-patients

It's also expensive ($110/test). Since there's no societal benefit to someone knowing, I guess I'd offer it to someone if they want to spend the $110 themselves on their own, but wouldn't waste money performing them on taxpayer dollars at high scale.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

You do realize that Omicron is ripping through the previously infected also right?

Yes and that is my point. 'Herd Immunity' will be reached when everyone gets it within 6-12 weeks of each other.  More contagious but more mild and at some point we will just 'live with covid' and move on. Harsh I know but it's what will happen by the end of year 3

4 minutes ago, G said:

at some point we will just 'live with covid' and move on. Harsh I know but it's what will happen by the end of year 3

this was always the more likely outcome. The problem is severe and deadly illness is still rampant and our hospitals are packed and the healthcare system is on the brink of complete and utter breakdown across the country. When most people are vaxed and most cases are breakthroughs then our hospital system can normalize and we will be capable of living with it. We aren't even remotely close to be able to just live with it. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Sounds like it might be more of a research-blinding effect:

Because the tests that are used have not been approved as diagnostic tools under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments program, which is overseen by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, they can only be used for research purposes.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210914/covid-strain-unknown-to-patients

It's also expensive ($110/test). Since there's no societal benefit to someone knowing, I guess I'd offer it to someone if they want to spend the $110 themselves on their own, but wouldn't waste money performing them on taxpayer dollars at high scale.

My nephew got some test measuring something that as he said on Nov. 19th

'scaled from 15 to 45 , 15 will kill a senior, 45 is asymptomatic, I got 17'   

So not sure what that was but before 'O' so everyone assumes it was Delta but it got everyone in his house vaxxed and unvaxxed. He was JNJ not sure about room mates and wife was unvaxxed. They all 25 and under. 

If I ever get covid I'd probably pay to know just because I'm strange like that. lol  

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

this was always the more likely outcome. The problem is severe and deadly illness is still rampant and our hospitals are packed and the healthcare system is on the brink of complete and utter breakdown across the country. When most people are vaxed and most cases are breakthroughs then our hospital system can normalize and we will be capable of living with it. We aren't even remotely close to be able to just live with it. 

Agreed but the breakthroughs need the appropriate treatment and places with the supplies to do it need to actually do it, at least in my neck of the woods. 

6 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Agreed but the breakthroughs need the appropriate treatment and places with the supplies to do it need to actually do it, at least in my neck of the woods. 

The idea is that breakthroughs will be so minor, people will just stay home like when they get the flu 

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

citation?

Live medical symposium on TV. Peter McColloughs, a famous doctor in TX asked the doctor that organized the event about this when said doctor told McColloughs that 18% (might've been 15%, but it's one or the other) of the vax'd patients didn't make it and admitted that they have a plenty of MCABs to use for treatment in extreme break through cases. 

This is a portion of his testimony in front of the Texas state Senate where he mentions a tidbit of it but doesn't tell the whole story of the symposium. 

I know he was just on the "horse dewormer mans" podcast but I'm not much of a podcast guy. Might mention more of it on there but like I said, not a podcast guy. Especially 3 hour ones. 

He's one of the best doctors in Texas. Washington Post published an article that they retracted about him being anti vax and he destroyed them and also mentioned that after he and his wife got over covid before the vax came out, him and his parents got the shot immediately.

one thing he claims that I am NOT so sure about is he talks about a study where asymptomatic people can't pass the virus, only people that are showing symptoms of. Seems like a bit of a stretch but I'm an engineer, not a doctor.