2021 Free Agency Tampering Window

textaz03

35 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Essentially the exact same deal Oakland gave him last year, which AFAIK he completely failed to live up to.

Our team might be boring as hell in free agency and overpay/overrate its own talent, but we're still only the second-worst run Texas NFL franchise

43 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Nothing else had stressed me out so far today, but ugh, that’s a contract I would have happily given out.

If we knew that we were holding back on signing a Safety to ensure that we have the money to lock up Tomlinson or Brown, then I can get behind it. But, that’s not what we’re doing. We just aren’t going to do anything.

12 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

If we knew that we were holding back on signing a Safety to ensure that we have the money to lock up Tomlinson or Brown, then I can get behind it. But, that’s not what we’re doing. We just aren’t going to do anything.

The $18M we have currently is already more than enough to add a quality DT and FS. We just have literal decades of evidence that they're not going to spend at those positions.

At this point, I think I'd be game to splurge on William Jackson III to shore up CB, then perhaps address those other two spots in the draft. Kinda sounds like a pipe dream but, the last time this team did spend real money on a free agent, it was for a CB.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

The $18M we have currently is already more than enough to add a quality DT and FS. We just have literal decades of evidence that they're not going to spend at those positions.

At this point, I think I'd be game to splurge on William Jackson III to shore up CB, then perhaps address those other two spots in the draft. Kinda sounds like a pipe dream but, the last time this team did spend real money on a free agent, it was for a CB.

They will spend at these positions.  Just figure out what players are way past their prime and/or coming off a serious injury.  Those will be our targets.  I'm not holding my breath for a truly impact signing.

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

Not flashy, but I can get behind this one. 

I think there is legit upside with this one. Has been a ballhawk through his career, and has experience in the new system. I feel pretty similar about this as I would with Malik Hooker.

Wouldn’t stop you from drafting Moehrig or Grant, but good enough that missing on them isn’t the end of the world.

• Like 1