2021 Free Agency Tampering Window

textaz03

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I don't want to get my hopes up... But I'd be very satisfied with this decision. 

I think CB is the only real defensive option at 10. Getting him, who’s a starting caliber player at a huge position of need would really free us up to pick freely with that 1st pick. Could go offense with either of the lineman or one of the pass catchers. Could take JOK if you are in love with him. Could trade down n take Barmore or your favorite Safety. Crap, you can still take a CB at 10 and turn a weakness into a strength.

4 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

If the Jets traded for Deshaun Watson,  that would certainly make sense.   They'd have to take Gallup as compensation,   I'm not giving up a first, much less 2.   

I'm not giving up first round picks, either. Remember, the compensation doesn't have to be multiple firsts unless we sign Maye to a contract. He can sign the franchise tag and then be traded, which would change the compensation to whatever the two teams negotiate.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Chicago offered three 1st, a 3rd and two starters for Russell Wilson per Dan Patrick Show. Steep price and still got a no thanks.

The 3 1st round picks sound like a lot, but at pick #20 there isn’t enough value in them. Those three picks could get them ups somewhere in the 6-8 range in this draft.

And who were the 2 starters? Tough to say, but even if they were solid players, Seattle is giving up a top-3 NFL QB and taking massive salary cap hits. I don’t think the Bears ever had a chance. 

2 hours ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

Wasn’t it Brockers who said Stafford was a level up from Goff right after the QB trade? You guys think that’s gonna be an awkward conversation between Brockers and Goff?

If I'm Goff of Brockers I say well someone is going to find out what it's like not to have some guy named Donald playing beside you.

On 3/17/2021 at 7:29 AM, CT Cowboy Fan said:

I think CB is the only real defensive option at 10. Getting him, who’s a starting caliber player at a huge position of need would really free us up to pick freely with that 1st pick. Could go offense with either of the lineman or one of the pass catchers. Could take JOK if you are in love with him. Could trade down n take Barmore or your favorite Safety. Crap, you can still take a CB at 10 and turn a weakness into a strength.

As deep as this CB class is, we'll have plenty of options at 10. OT, WR, and TE (Pitts) should all warrant significant consideration. Some are also beginning to speculate that Georgia DE Azeez Ojulari may be in play as well.

Never get dialed in on a specific position. Doing that causes you to lose the opportunity to draft superior players, which ends up hurting the team in the long run.