Ryan Fitzpatrick signs a one year deal

lavar703

5 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I just hope we don't go into 2022 still wondering if Heinicke or Allen are the starters of the future.  

The problem I have with this signing is not the signing itself, but the signing in context of what else we have done.  If we saw a handful of resignings and a couple long term additions I would think- we are building this team long term and Rivera just took the most reasonable option he could at qb to keep us competitive until we can find our guy.   Not the case though.  

I know it is still early, but what we have seen so far indicates that we are wasting our advantageous cap position (lots of space in a lower cap year) and will be in the same spot next year.  No qb.  Lots of players who's contracts term.  Middle of the pack draft pick.  

To be frank, I honestly have no idea why some fans still wonder if Allen or Heinecke are the future? Ones a 28-year old career back up who’s been hurt anytime he touches the field and the other one has lived off of his high school recruiting status for years. They’re both quality back ups and I have no issue with either being on the roster but both are a road to nowhere as starters. 

17 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I just hope we don't go into 2022 still wondering if Heinicke or Allen are the starters of the future.  

The problem I have with this signing is not the signing itself, but the signing in context of what else we have done.  If we saw a handful of resignings and a couple long term additions I would think- we are building this team long term and Rivera just took the most reasonable option he could at qb to keep us competitive until we can find our guy.   Not the case though.  

I know it is still early, but what we have seen so far indicates that we are wasting our advantageous cap position (lots of space in a lower cap year) and will be in the same spot next year.  No qb.  Lots of players who's contracts term.  Middle of the pack draft pick.  

Completely with you here. As @e16bballpointed out, this is what happens when you give the coach total control. He's stuck between "win now" and "building long term". That's a recipe for disaster. Not too many coaches can thread the needle.

• Like 1

We should all be thanking our lucky stars, that we didn't trade multiple 1st Rd picks for a QB.

This includes my wrong prediction in wanting to trade for Aaron Rodgers.

Why? Because Fitz is way better, than given credit for. At worst...it's a lateral movement from Alex Smith.

Sure, Fitz is more likely to throw int's than Alex because of his gung go style.

But he's also more likely to make HUGE passing plays & TD's because of that as well. 

He's a vet, he's smart with that 50 historic wonderlic & a good team leader.

Plus, his beard is in the same family as Scherff & Moses. Lol

If our Defense continues to grow & remain elite?

We're winning the Division again next year.

Because Haskins isn't starting the first 6 this time.

2 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

We should all be thanking our lucky stars, that we didn't trade multiple 1st Rd picks for a QB.

Why? Because Fitz is way better, than given credit for. At worst...it's a lateral movement from Alex Smith.

Sure, Fitz is more likely to throw int's than Alex because of his gung go style.

But he's also more likely to make HUGE passing plays & TD's because of that as well. 

I’ve come to the conclusion that you’re an even better troll than @Jeezy Fanatic

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

This move is equally as pointless to trying to win titles as trading Kendall Fuller and a pick for Alex Smith. Then giving him a monster guarantee locking us in to the most magical 11 wins of the 3 years of guaranteed money we couldn’t get out of. Then the magical year we can get out of it and we have cap we bring in fitztrashic!!! So sorry dude nothing cool about this move. It’s not even about this FA base should demand better we should officially storm the castle and start hanging heads on spikes because this is not a move that says hey we’re going to build to a title this is a Snyder move. They should have done this last year when they were in line to evaluating a losing roster!!! Not when we’re in we’re playing to win and build lol. This is the type of move that happens when you hire twice fired GM’s who don’t spend money and get rid of your young bright mind who no matter what was apart of the best offseason this team has had in recent memory in FA and the draft. This is what this team does!!! They win the division in a down NFCE year and this FO says well we just bought a packed house for the next 3 seasons F these fans!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

To be frank, I honestly have no idea why some fans still wonder if Allen or Heinecke are the future? Ones a 28-year old career back up who’s been hurt anytime he touches the field and the other one has lived off of his high school recruiting status for years. They’re both quality back ups and I have no issue with either being on the roster but both are a road to nowhere as starters. 

Most likely that’s the truth but you just never know. 

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

This move is equally as pointless to trying to win titles as trading Kendall Fuller and a pick for Alex Smith. Then giving him a monster guarantee locking us in to the most magical 11 wins of the 3 years of guaranteed money we couldn’t get out of. Then the magical year we can get out of it and we have cap we bring in fitztrashic!!! So sorry dude nothing cool about this move. It’s not even about this FA base should demand better we should officially storm the castle and start hanging heads on spikes because this is not a move that says hey we’re going to build to a title this is a Snyder move. They should have done this last year when they were in line to evaluating a losing roster!!! Not when we’re in we’re playing to win and build lol. This is the type of move that happens when you hire twice fired GM’s who don’t spend money and get rid of your young bright mind who no matter what was apart of the best offseason this team has had in recent memory in FA and the draft. This is what this team does!!! They win the division in a down NFCE year and this FO says well we just bought a packed house for the next 3 seasons F these fans!!!

jack nicholson mantra GIF

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

@Thaiphoonwe got another one joining the club 

I mean it’s a cycle. I’m not upset about not overpaying guys. What it is is just complete disregard to the actual goal!!! Like we don’t need to worry about not resigning Terry if we sign another WR. What they need to worry about is Terry leaving because that guy wants to win titles!!! Not stat sheets!!! And we’re going out here signing this guy. Yes we can win games probably because this may actually be the best fit he’s probably had for the offense Turner wants to run. Personally I still think we’re trading the farm for Lance. But if I’m drafting Lance why not just use that 10 mil and actually get a player that helps improve the defense. I’m still on the Washington Mismanagement’s we could use the waste management logo but put it in B&G and it would be fitting because there has to be some kind of mental degenerating bacteria in the vents wherever they conduct decision making. It’s just maddening we can’t go a offseason with out turnover somewhere then we wonder why we can’t string productive offseason together. Sorry rant over

• Like 1

I guess football is supposed to be fun. This guy is a ton of fun, although I am expecting to enjoy him a lot more from afar than as my team’s starting QB. 

One thing I must say I’m looking forward to, with all these posts/comments about how he’s “much better than Alex Smith” is a lot of fans getting a crash course in why you will complete miss the point of Alex Smith if you’re just looking at raw statistical production. 

Have seen a number of graphics highlighting the differences between the two QBs, and how extraordinarily different their styles are. Which is completely true. One thing they leave out, though, is the fact that one of these guys is one of the winningest QBs of the last decade — and the other is one of the losingest QBs in NFL history. There are other factors involved, of course, but a lot of that is down to the style of play. Conservative is boring, but when you manage it effectively, it keeps you on the field and keeps negative plays off the board. That’s just a winning formula. 

All that said, it’s going to be fun if we get Fitz some quality weapons to throw to. This guy will take his shots, we know that.