Raiders trade C Rodney Hudson + 7th to Arizona for 3rd round pick

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

If we get cap savings and Hudson wants to move on then I am okay with the move.  If we saved practically nothing and still cut him then I am done.  Wake me up for the draft and then again when the playoffs start.  I have no desire to watch this team this year.

Thats all I care about 

58 minutes ago, Totty said:

Then don't buy another FN franchise! 

I mentioned this like 2-3 weeks ago.... although i Could be slightly off with the dates.... I brought it up in reference to free agency and how I felt “if We have money for Mark to drop 50M+ on franchise that will absolutely lose money.... then we better not ever hear we’re cash flow light ever again”.  
Not only did he buy the ridiculous franchise .... he invested in a state of the art training facility and so on. 

21 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I always thought that was a dumb investment. WNBA isn't going to make him any money. The money is coming, once Vegas opens up. getting close 

It’s a 50M+ coffee table book.... Mark bought that joke of a franchise in a joke of a league to be able to run around Vegas acting like the total clown he is at bars and restaurants and social events and be introduced as “Raiders AND XXX  Owner”.

the one good thing is no one really knows WNBA team names.... so I bet you theylL think he owns a hockey or MLS Team too.  It’s his version of a fake Rolex.

• Like 2

From Vic

and there have been loud whispers for a while about Hudson’s frustration with the Raiders only having one winning season in his six with them. Plus, the staff is very high on his backup, Andre James.

So, when the two sides met and Hudson said he would be willing to void the $3.5 million guarantee that kicked in last month if he was released, Jon Gruden said yes rather quickly. (Former NFL quarterback Mark Sanchez first reported the request.)

The Raiders still take a $12.1 million salary-cap hit — which is now less than the $13.6 million cap hit if he had stayed — and there is no dead-cap hit next year. Plus, the Raiders save $9.9 million in cash, no small detail for a team that did not host fans at its home games due to the pandemic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

From Vic

and there have been loud whispers for a while about Hudson’s frustration with the Raiders only having one winning season in his six with them. Plus, the staff is very high on his backup, Andre James.

So, when the two sides met and Hudson said he would be willing to void the $3.5 million guarantee that kicked in last month if he was released, Jon Gruden said yes rather quickly. (Former NFL quarterback Mark Sanchez first reported the request.)

The Raiders still take a $12.1 million salary-cap hit — which is now less than the $13.6 million cap hit if he had stayed — and there is no dead-cap hit next year. Plus, the Raiders save $9.9 million in cash, no small detail for a team that did not host fans at its home games due to the pandemic.

Go win a Super Bowl Rodney.

While the timing and speed with which the move came down was surprising, there were definitely warning signs. The trade of left tackle Trent Brown, the hard-line stance with guard Gabe Jackson, cutting Richie Incognito … and there have been loud whispers for a while about Hudson’s frustration with the Raiders only having one winning season in his six with them. Plus, the staff is very high on his backup, Andre James.

17 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

From Vic

Ok so do we owe or do we save?

I certainly am a fan of waiting for the dust to settle, but after Hudson, things certainly are starting to look like they are getting worse then better.  He was a leader on this team and staple of talent for so long.  Gruden still has time to fix the locker room, and winning solves everything if they can just have 1 good year...but all this makes me go 'ugh'.  

Good news is with a few core player signings and a decent draft, hopefully this is the only disappointment of the offseason. 

• Like 2