Raiders trade C Rodney Hudson + 7th to Arizona for 3rd round pick

RaidersAreOne

Just now, big_palooka said:

Gruden is going to trade for Wilson isn't he? Blow up the Oline then trade for Russ. Nothing would surprise me anymore. 

How ironic that would be. Wilson wants out because the lines he's had throughout his career have sucked, then he gets dishes to Vegas who is in the process of gutting it's line... led by Tom Cable.

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

lol... you see what they did with the picks from the Mack trade?

Yes I did. I’d rather trade Carr and get a QBOTF for some hope moving forward then trot Carr out there for year 7. Bottom line is Gruden/Mayock aren’t going anywhere so I’d rather reset and give it another go then be in QB purgatory for another 7 years. 

Just now, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Yes I did. I’d rather trade Carr and get a QBOTF for some hope moving forward then trot Carr out there for year 7. Bottom line is Gruden/Mayock aren’t going anywhere so I’d rather reset and give it another go then be in QB purgatory for another 7 years. 

If we don't make the playoffs I think Mayock takes the fall and gets fired next off-season. If we don't make the playoffs in 2022 I could see Gruden retiring and returning to the booth. 

here's the big game where Andre James supposedly showed us we should have confidence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8FaLu4t43E

play 1 - bad snap
play 2 - probably should have been flagged as ineligible man downfield
play 3 - no assignment, and then fails to help the LG
play 4 - ok. linebacker does push him back a bit, though
play 5 - ok. performs double team block well
play 6 - does very well
play 7 - bad snap. 3 man rush
play 8 - good job
play 9 - good double team block
play 10 - good rep
play 11 - gets thrown to the ground
play 12 - bad block, gets beat
play 13 - good rep
play 14 - low snap (not terrible). decent block

and these were our highlight plays. looking at jacobs best plays from that game, he was mediocre/ok at the first level but then completely lost getting to the second level

This move really sucks. Tells me there is a lot going on behind the scenes that isn't jiving with players. When leaders start asking for an out, it's concerning.

Remember, Gruden eventually ostracized players in Tampa. His schtick gets, he's impatient and starts wearing on players. This offseason is not a good sign of things to come imo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dessie said:

Didn’t Gruden say players would be begging to play for the Raiders, now it seems they are begging to leave, ffs. 

But but but we have a brand new stadium! And Nevada has no state income tax! And 2020-2021 were supposed to be the years we were saying we were going to be contenders, so said the fanboys back in 2018!

Gruden is incompetent. He has proven it time and time again. He came in making questionable move after questionable move and we've slowly gotten worse for it. 

As of right now, we need: C, G, G, CB, FS, WR, RB2, LB, DT, DT, RT. And that's a starting caliber player for those positions, not to mention depth. Sure, we have a bunch of unproven players who might could fill in, but going with that much unproven talent is pure stupidity. 

Bad drafts, bad signings, bad trades. It's Gruden 101. It's the same crap we saw from him in Tampa Bay. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

And what has Gruden ever done with a rookie QB that makes you think he's capable of identifying a QBOTF or would ever want a rookie QB starter in the first place?

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

But but but we have a brand new stadium! And Nevada has no state income tax! And 2020-2021 were supposed to be the years we were saying we were going to be contenders, so said the fanboys back in 2018!

Gruden is incompetent. He has proven it time and time again. He came in making questionable move after questionable move and we've slowly gotten worse for it. 

As of right now, we need: C, G, G, CB, FS, WR, RB2, LB, DT, DT, RT. And that's a starting caliber player for those positions, not to mention depth. Sure, we have a bunch of unproven players who might could fill in, but going with that much unproven talent is pure stupidity. 

Bad drafts, bad signings, bad trades. It's Gruden 101. It's the same crap we saw from him in Tampa Bay. 

Yup, as has been said, year 4 and we are in rebuild mode again, this should have been the year we were adding the final touches to the roster not starting again. 

Hudson asking for his release at this time is a sign that all is not well with the players and front office staff. Maybe Feliciano was onto something.