Raiders trade C Rodney Hudson + 7th to Arizona for 3rd round pick

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Hudson was a fan favorite so it’s not gonna go over well. Better question is what are they doing to want to clear that much cap space for next year. There has to be a reason behind this. 

Whether there is a reason, even a good one, doesn’t make it the right one.

Saving some money (assuming it’s a post June cut) to invest it somewhere other than oline is a reason. It’s still wrong.

Just now, Darbsk said:

Great in theory but does anyone here actually believe James will step straight in and play at an All Pro level like Hudson?

Do you need him to play at a all pro level right away? Kind of unfair to expect that. But when he stepped in for Hudson a in 2019  he played really well. 

Just now, raidr4life said:

I think there is a question if we really lose cap space just don't think front office is that dumb.

According to Spotrac he has $15M in dead cap but he had a $13M cap hit, so I think that means we're only losing $2M in cap space. But I'm not sure.

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I just don't understand this move at all....... Just mind numbing. I can't figure out any rational to make this a good move. Did we not see what happened to Carr when the OL went to crap, even the darling of the NFL looked like crap in the SB with no OL. It's like I'm waiting for news to come through for a reason........

Have to be gearing up for a big move for a premium position ? I get the logic if you think the drop off in play  isn’t as big as the drop off in salary, but given we have lost Good, Gabe, Brown and Feliciano from the OL it’s strange.  We must be keeping Gabe do we think? Seems strange we haven’t released him yet. 

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Do you need him to play at a all pro level right away? Kind of unfair to expect that. But when he stepped in for Hudson a in 2019  he played really well. 

Kind of unfair? We shouldn’t need to even be considering whether it is fair to expect an inexperienced player to match that of the best in the game. Why??? Because we had the best player in his position - so we didn’t need to!

5 minutes ago, reddevil said:

there is also the issue of how this will be perceived by players. And not just our players, but other players we may wish to sign. Just a terrible look all round. 

Trading Mack sent a horrible signal and UNLESS Hudson asked to be released...This looks BAD! If he asked to 'chase a ring' then we look good. Not happy AT ALL but will wait for details in the following days. Who's Tampa's starting Center?!? I think KC but...

I know for one, Im not sleeping on james. He very well may be good or decent.... But he's shown nothing up to this point (not his fault, Hudson was in front of him) so at this point expecting him to be good is just placing your hope in faith and a prayer. Nothing tangeable. 

I would rather not fill holes with "a hope and a prayer" players. But proven commodities

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Might as well trade Carr. Dude is going to regress big time if they can't keep him clean. That Oline was paramount to his success.

Agree, but I’ll wait until the end of the draft to see. Miller Simpson James Jackson Good/rookie wouldn’t be terrible either. Guess we’ll see.