2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

Again, can we just wait???

Like there's no harm in waiting or not knowing what exactly is wrong. 

Youre talking about it as you guys Have the official diagnosis.

I see nothing wrong with people speculating.. I mean that’s a big reason why people post on here, you know, to discuss all sport topics.

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

Again, can we just wait???

Like there's no harm in waiting or not knowing what exactly is wrong. 

Youre talking about it as you guys Have the official diagnosis.

This is a discussion forum, we, as people who have experience with leg injuries and several people with direct experience with the very injury he just suffered, are offering insight as to the possible hurdles he will have to overcome.

Going "Aw hell" for 12 hours until they get an MRI done is just as much the same as discussing potential outcomes from this.

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

Celtics are still a top 4 seed in the East, this just kills any shot we had of beating Cleveland this year. Doesn't hurt the future really, "twitter doctors" seem fairly confident it won't be career ending/altering.

We got doctors everywhere apparently. 

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

Easily. Tough to stay in the game when you just saw a teammate/friend completely demolish his ankle.

Maybe bottom 4 but the offense is rough outside of kyrie and horford. Not a lot of shooting. 

Theyre not better than toronto Washington or Milwaukee 

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

Maybe bottom 4 but the offense is rough outside of kyrie and horford. Not a lot of shooting. 

Theyre not better than toronto Washington or Milwaukee 

Jaylen Brown will improve. Tatum will improve. I expect them to bring in a shooter. Morris is a decent shooter.

Judging how the Celtics play after seeing that injury would be silly. 

4 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

This is a discussion forum, we, as people who have experience with leg injuries and several people with direct experience with the very injury he just suffered, are offering insight as to the possible hurdles he will have to overcome.

Going "Aw hell" for 12 hours until they get an MRI done is just as much the same as discussing potential outcomes from this.

Share your experiences. You can discuss the injury without giving your diagnosis or forecasting his career path with such little information. 

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

See this is what I mean. We don't even know the extent of the injury and it seems like you guys are already setting his career path.

No.  But given the nature of ANY ankle dislocation (that's what it looked like at minimum, whether bones were actual broken or not remains to be seen), there are effects that stick with you for the rest of your life (it's the first thing they tell you to prepare yourself for in rehabbing it).

Ankles aren't knees; knees are far friendlier to total recovery than ankles are because knees offer far more space to surgeons for repair and thus the ability to use cadaver ligaments or tendons if there's structural damage that's better served just being replaced rather than repaired.  Ankles are also completely different types of joints than knees are, so if there is any structural damage to the saddle, to the cartilage in that saddle, and so on, you're talking an extremely increased likelihood for degradation over time, particularly if the player continues to try and play at a high level on it.

At minimum, at absolute minimum, this injury shortened his career.  This isn't me trying to be dramatic, this is me speaking from experience.  He's have been better off dislocating his knee - it probably would have been a longer recovery period, but he would have had a better chance of coming back to 100% pre-injury.

Archived