2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

18 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t understand why you guys are. You have the pieces. 

I don't remember where I heard this but someone said Kidd's defensive scheme is basically let's give up nothing, let's have a perfect defense if it works. Which is impossible. So we're are gonna hard hedge the PnR so they get nothing out of it but we will also get to all shooters afterwards for example. So it ends up being really bad because it isn't possible to not give up something but their scheme is designed that way.

I don't know enough about the Bucks but thought that was interesting. 

5 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I don't remember where I heard this but someone said Kidd's defensive scheme is basically let's give up nothing, let's have a perfect defense if it works. Which is impossible. So we're are gonna hard hedge the PnR so they get nothing out of it but we will also get to all shooters afterwards for example. So it ends up being really bad because it isn't possible to not give up something but their scheme is designed that way.

I don't know enough about the Bucks but thought that was interesting. 

yea in short, it's a bunch of gambling that is extremely hard to pull off, and unless you have like all-nba defenders at every position (no team does), it's extremely hard to pull off. 

when it was more of an unknown, it worked more, but know that everyone knows how to beat it, it just doesn't work. 

i really hope no one is dumb enough to believe bledsoe will fix this on his own or something, but knowing how kidd sticks to his guns, he most likely does.

Archived