2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

55 minutes ago, showtime said:

I thought we would have learned by now that regular season losses don't mean much.  We're talking about the Golden State Warriors here.

Yeah and the Celtics aren't THIS GOOD either. They'll clearly regress. Although if they had a healthy Hayward I think they'd be the hands down favorite to go to the Finals in the East.

The Cavs have a ton of issues but they'll clearly drastically improve before the playoffs. That said, depending on what Thomas does, outside of LeBron, Love, and IT, it's a bunch of trash. I wouldn't surprised if the Celtics go to the Finals against GS but for now it's hard to bet against LeBron.

7 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Yeah and the Celtics aren't THIS GOOD either. They'll clearly regress. Although if they had a healthy Hayward I think they'd be the hands down favorite to go to the Finals in the East.

The Cavs have a ton of issues but they'll clearly drastically improve before the playoffs. That said, depending on what Thomas does, outside of LeBron, Love, and IT, it's a bunch of trash. I wouldn't surprised if the Celtics go to the Finals against GS but for now it's hard to bet against LeBron.

One worry I would have is that IT will make the Cavs defense worse.

Just now, iothar said:

One worry I would have is that IT will make the Cavs defense worse.

Oh yeah I'm not a fan of Thomas at all, but he can drop 30 any given time, and pairing that with LeBron no matter how bad the defense is, has to be golden. It's funny because while LeBron has the name teammates, he really does have an excuse for playing on a **** team.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

It really is a shame that Houston has no chance to make it to the Finals.  They are playing such outstanding basketball.

All it takes is 1 sprained knee.  Happened last year...just a month too soon.

Rockets are legitimate contenders. CP3 looked good yesterday and much better than he did in preseason/opening night. They could play multiple line ups down the stretch and have two guys that could take over end of games. Dubs are the rightful favorites, but these guys could push the series to the limit. 

Soooo is Kawhi returning anytime soon?

Just now, showtime said:

They do.  When I initially made my comment, I meant as both teams are.  Warriors and Rockets both healthy.  I'm not projecting injuries.

Fair enough.  I think most would agree that everyone is still, at the minimum, an amazing move away from truly challenging Golden State.  Houston with their 3P shooting has as good of a shot as anyone to pull off a miracle though.

Archived