2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

The thing is, Murray is the only guy on the team that could grow into the late game closer. The Nuggets don't necessarily need a true PG with Jokic being as good of a passer as he is. Milsap will help when he returns. They wouldn't be losing some of these close games with him. All you could do right now is let the youngsters learn from their failures and grow. 

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

Yes and he will be very good, but I still feel he is better off at the 2 or combo guard. Maybe he can develop into a true PG, but right now there will be growing pains. 

Definite growing pains. Nuggets would be a better team if they added, say, George Hill (which they easily could) but they are committed to developing Murray. Realistically they need him to develop into a all-star type player to have championship aspirations. He's shown major star potential and is so young. But anyways, I disagree that he can't be a "PG." He can be a primary ball handler and run the offense. He's not there yet, but he has the skills. And he's playing with Jokic who is also a primary ballhandler. 

But if you're saying they could use more consistent PG play - you're definitely right. I'd love to see them add a guy that can play 10-20 minutes as a solid backup. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The thing is, Murray is the only guy on the team that could grow into the late game closer. The Nuggets don't necessarily need a true PG with Jokic being as good of a passer as he is. Milsap will help when he returns. They wouldn't be losing some of these close games with him. All you could do right now is let the youngsters learn from their failures and grow. 

dang get out my head bruh 

3 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Definite growing pains. Nuggets would be a better team if they added, say, George Hill (which they easily could) but they are committed to developing Murray. Realistically they need him to develop into a all-star type player to have championship aspirations. He's shown major star potential and is so young. But anyways, I disagree that he can't be a "PG." He can be a primary ball handler and run the offense. He's not there yet, but he has the skills. And he's playing with Jokic who is also a primary ballhandler. 

But if you're saying they could use more consistent PG play - you're definitely right. I'd love to see them add a guy that can play 10-20 minutes as a solid backup. 

well I guess when some of you guys are upset at Coach Malone etc.. I think if your going to play young players, there will be a lot of close game loses, beyond the coaches ability. Look at the T-Wolves last year. very young and couldn't win. Then they get some more veterans, J Butler especially and they are far better this year. Just saying.

22 minutes ago, champ11 said:

it's what young teams have to go through. doesn't help that our star player isn't a go to scorer and can be picked on on defense. it's a mixture of a lot of things, but Malone isn't great late game. still so frustrating. 

I get the growing pains but at some point,l they have to learn or at least be put in the situation to win games. 

Well we know Murray will need to be that guy since jokic is too passive and doesn’t want to take the shot. Malone’s atrocious late game tactics and weird rotations/lineups are hindering the team.

12 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

At least you got DSJ, he looks like he could be pretty good down the road.

Barnes is a rock solid player too. I like Yogi and Kleber off the bench as well. Hopefully the team gets another good prospect this year and can sign a solid player this offseason or next as well. Ideally Noel pans out at as well, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

8 hours ago, champ11 said:

I'm saying this all fairly tongue and cheek. I think effort is a skill that should be valued. In the Celtics case I think they are not as much of a threat in the playoffs as their record would indicate. I think they are extremely well coached and I think their culture is really strong bc they work their butts off every night. but I think Baynes/Semi/Theis/Rozier are like borderline rotation guys on most teams in the NBA. It's interesting to watch. Maybe I'm wrong about those guys but their skills are iffy. 

This game is really fun by the way. The C's and refs really pissed the nuggets off and now it's high intensity 

They definitely need to add another scorer. With or without the return of Hayward.

46 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Who replaces him in the All-Star game?  And do LeBron and Curry get to re-pick?

No. Silver picks the replacement player and since Wall was on Team LeBron, that's where the player ends up on. 

I don't even know who the biggest snub in the East was, or if there was any. Maybe Drummond gets in now?

30 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No. Silver picks the replacement player and since Wall was on Team LeBron, that's where the player ends up on. 

I don't even know who the biggest snub in the East was, or if there was any. Maybe Drummond gets in now?

Could be Middleton if they opt to go the guard route. 

Archived