2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

I don't get it, I just don't get it man. EVERY year we have tons of members who are just positive that an NBA prospect is going to be a stud, this year it was Donovan Mitchell, so I don't understand how a bunch of novice scouts on a football forum can see how much potential this kid had but a bunch of NBA scouts missed the boat. Obviously going 13th isn't super late but I feel like 80% of the basketball forum wanted this guy on their team. This happens like every year with a prospect I feel like.

3 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Warriors and OKC had trouble beating this Nuggets team?

Home vs. Away Nuggets are not the same team imo. Nuggets probably have the biggest advantage at home in the league. Same with the Colorado college teams.

22-7 at home (+6.4)

7-18 away (-5.3) 

11 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Feel for you...Pelicans finally were figuring it out and Boogie ended the season. I loved the Mirotic trade but its really going to bite them in the arse. They probably end up moving the 9th or 10th pick with how things look right now...

Yeahhh. We're literally the worst team in the NBA since Boogie went down, 30th in net rating. I just can't watch this team anymore, what's the point? I've always felt the point of watching your team through the bad times is so when the good times come they're that much more enjoyable. That ain't happening with how parity works in the NBA and how incompetent this organization is. I'm just a general NBA fan for now. 

10 hours ago, IrishGreen said:

damn, capela is like the perfect NBA center. houston is going to give GS a run for their money

1. Not really

2. No

Capela has no range, and is a terrible FT shooter. People need to accept that GS coasts through the regular season, if giving them a run is pushing it to 6 games than yeah Houston might give them a run.

1 minute ago, Spartica4Real said:

Yeahhh. We're literally the worst team in the NBA since Boogie went down, 30th in net rating. I just can't watch this team anymore, what's the point? I've always felt the point of watching your team through the bad times is so when the good times come they're that much more enjoyable. That ain't happening with how parity works in the NBA and how incompetent this organization is. I'm just a general NBA fan for now. 

Next year will be fine. Pelicans will re-sign Boogie, Mirotic gives them a great 3rd big off the bench. They can dump Rondo and hopefully use the MLE to get a decent 3/D wing. Oh and a new Head Coach...

Just now, MookieMonster said:

Next year will be fine. Pelicans will re-sign Boogie, Mirotic gives them a great 3rd big off the bench. They can dump Rondo and hopefully use the MLE to get a decent 3/D wing.

We'll see. You may very well be right (hell, I think they'll re-sign Boogie tbh) and I'll come to that conclusion later, but right now I'm irrational and for the rest of the 2018 season I'm not watching any Pels games lol. 

10 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

1. Not really

2. No

Capela has no range, and is a terrible FT shooter. People need to accept that GS coasts through the regular season, if giving them a run is pushing it to 6 games than yeah Houston might give them a run.

If the Rockets get homecourt vs them they have a good shot at beating them.  IDC if they are coasting or not. 

Archived