2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Okay, do you think Bob McGinn would hold his own?

I feel confident that a guy that's as elite as Durant is gets it.

I haven't read anything by Bob McGinn because I don't follow Green Bay media so I wouldn't know what Bob McGinn may or may not know so I can't answer that.

Carmelo Anthony was elite at what he did. Does that mean he knows more about it than Lowe despite him repeatedly taking the worst shot in basketball every night and refusing to adapt?

Just because someone is an elite talent doesn't mean they know more about something. Just means they are better than you at executing it.

For example, I can teach anyone how to hit a baseball, what to look for when the ball is coming out of the pitcher's hand, etc but I can't execute it at a high level because I don't have the talent to do it. Does that automatically mean someone who plays in the MLB knows more about it than I do despite the fact that it's not rocket science?

1 hour ago, bkobow05 said:

In the context of how I brought it up, that was a genuine asshat response. You deflected like the lawyer you are.

Yep, that screams jealousy. You're such a damn turd.

You wrote it to make the conversation personal and try to insult me with details from my personal life. I don't do that to you. It's not okay. You need to take a look in the mirror before you call anyone else a turd.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

You wrote it to make the conversation personal and try to insult me with details from my personal life. I don't do that to you. It's not okay. You need to take a look in the mirror before you call anyone else a turd.

I didn't make it personal lmao. I said you deflected like a lawyer. Keep spinning ****, considering that's what you do best. 

I'm also not the person who initially brought up the fact that you were a lawyer so go bark up a different tree. 

36 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

I didn't make it personal lmao. I said you deflected like a lawyer. Keep spinning ****, considering that's what you do best. 

I'm also not the person who initially brought up the fact that you were a lawyer so go bark up a different tree. 

And I wasn't happy when utley did it earlier, as you can tell by my response. You did make it personal. Continue to make excuses for your pettiness. "But but utley did it first." Grow up.

I just listened to the interview, man it was fun. A lot of the time he weren’t being serious. Was he a bit sensitive at times, yeah for sure. But overall I enjoyed it. Love when flipped the question on Bill and was like basically what sports TV personalities don’t you like. He doesn’t like analytics, well big surprise there. A lot current and former players hate it. That’s where his beef lies.

A weeke and a half left in the season and the rockets and Warriors are the only teams in the west that have clinched a spot. 

4-8 separated by 1 game. 9&10 just two games back. 

And currently the 8th in the east isn’t behind 9th in the west so we don’t have to listen to that “get rid of conferences” argument. 

I would love to see a 1st round that looked like this 

rockets vs t-wolves

warriors vs thunder

blazers vs Jazz

pelicans vs Spurs. 

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

And I wasn't happy when utley did it earlier, as you can tell by my response. You did make it personal. Continue to make excuses for your pettiness. "But but utley did it first." Grow up.

Yawn. Always the victim. 

I said you deflected. You took it personally. Not my problem. 

9 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Based on what?  I have no idea who knows more about the game, but I'd wager that Lowe knows more.  The only 2 current players I'd say for sure know more are LeBron and CP3, but that's simply my opinion.

I don't care if you think Durant knows more or not.  Durant saying Lowe or people like him don't know anything and outright stating that they don't watch basketball is wrong and stupid.  That's my issue.  Durant is making a blanket statement to encompass all members of the sports-writing media as if he has direct knowledge of these things.  It's just like retired players saying current teams and players couldn't handle the "good old days" and suck compared to the great teams of the past; it comes from a place of arrogance and stubborn naivety, not knowledge.

Know more as in know more about basketball? The X's and O's? All that stuff or know more as in knowing what is going on in the NBA? If it is the X's and O's, there are far more than just CP3/LeBron that know more than Lowe. As in knowing what is going on in the NBA, then Lowe knows more than a lot of players that's for sure. 

Archived