2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So if LeBron does go to Philly, he will finally embrace being a full time PF right? I mean he won't have to do the dirty work with Embiid down low, so he will have no excuse. I don't know how the spacing will work, but Fultz better get his jumper somewhat reliable in the offseason. Will need to get more shooting as well, but the ECFs against a Celtics team with Hayward will be fire.......

I think that's the big question. It depends on what he wants his role to be going forward. I figure he's going to be looking for a team this offseason that's going to let him take care of his body so that he can play at a high level for as long as possible. The Sixers might actually be the best path for that. But with the assets that Cleveland has, I could see them changing their roster a little more to give him a chance at that as well.

I think a Sixers team next season with LeBron, Embiid, Simmons, Saric, Reddick, Covington, and Fultz as a core would be the favorite. Might sound crazy considering what the Warriors, Rockets, and Celtics have but this Sixers team might win 50 games without the best all around player in basketball. I can't imagine what adding LeBron does for this team.

And there's also the potential 10/11 pick that the Sixers would be getting this year in the draft. Could be someone like Mikal Bridges that would just help the Sixers load up on wings to allow the Sixers to really mix up their looks and keep LeBron, Covington, and Saric fresh. And then if they can also add someone like Brunson, that's your 2nd or 3rd PG depending on whether they play Fultz at the 1 or 2 next year.

Smart move for LeBron might really be heading to Philadelphia.

38 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So if LeBron does go to Philly, he will finally embrace being a full time PF right? I mean he won't have to do the dirty work with Embiid down low, so he will have no excuse. I don't know how the spacing will work, but Fultz better get his jumper somewhat reliable in the offseason. Will need to get more shooting as well, but the ECFs against a Celtics team with Hayward will be fire.......

I firmly believe he'd be our starting SF, and we'd move Covington to our 6th man.

Dario Saric is likely going to be our full-time starting PF for the foreseeable future.

My outlook on what the team looks like next year (with LeBron)

C: Joel Embiid - Amir Johnson - Richaun Holmes
PF: Dario Saric - Ersan Ilyasova
SF: LeBron James - Robert Covington - Mikal Bridges
SG: Markelle Fultz? (Don't think we can bring back Redick and sign LeBron) - Timothy Luwawu-Cabbarot
PG: Ben Simmons - TJ McConnel 

Given how this team has played as of late, that squad I could definitely see winning 60+ games.

Meh, don't think you need to start Saric to be honest. LeBron is more of a mismatch playing PF and that's where he should be playing. Rebounding isn't going to be an issue at all and bringing Saric off the bench makes the 2nd unit just that much better. Not sure Fultz starts either. Possible I guess.

I'd go Simmons/Covington/LeBron/Embiid and then someone like Redick if he re-signs. 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Hard to believe this is the same team that had a 1-9 stretch in the early-mid part of the season.

They've gotten so much better. Belinelli and Ilyasova gave us the depth that we just didn't have. And now with Fultz off the bench, we have even more

58 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

I think a Sixers team next season with LeBron, Embiid, Simmons, Saric, Reddick, Covington, and Fultz as a core would be the favorite. Might sound crazy considering what the Warriors, Rockets, and Celtics have but this Sixers team might win 50 games without the best all around player in basketball. I can't imagine what adding LeBron does for this team.

You wouldn't be able to bring back Redick if you sign LeBron.  They'd have to salary dump Bayless (probably having to use their 1st round pick) as well.  Pray Bridges falls to you to get a 2nd 3&D player in the starting lineup on the cheap; wouldn't need Fultz in the starting lineup with LeBron and Simmons already on the team.

Simmons
Bridges
LeBron
Covington
Embiid

Fultz
Saric
McConnell
Holmes
Korkmaz
TLC

That would be a scary team even if Fultz didn't develop.  Only issue is payroll going forward, but that's true of anyone who signs LeBron.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

You wouldn't be able to bring back Redick if you sign LeBron.  They'd have to salary dump Bayless (probably having to use their 1st round pick) as well.  Pray Bridges falls to you to get a 2nd 3&D player in the starting lineup on the cheap; wouldn't need Fultz in the starting lineup with LeBron and Simmons already on the team.

Simmons
Bridges
LeBron
Covington
Embiid

Fultz
Saric
McConnell
Holmes
Korkmaz
TLC

That would be a scary team even if Fultz didn't develop.  Only issue is payroll going forward, but that's true of anyone who signs LeBron.

Do you think there's a chance that the amount that Redick got from the Sixers this year and the allure of playing with this Sixers core in addition to LeBron would compel Redick to take much less than what he got this year?

I think there is a solid chance Redick signs for less to re-sign, but it can't be a massive pay cut. He may re-sign for 5-6 million per instead of getting 8-9 on the market. But if a team offers him a one year 12 million deal, would he still take 5-6 million? I don't know, but he would be big for a team with LeBron/Simmons on the court together. 

I know you guys have been rolling, but not having a true scoring threat from the perimeter is going to hold this team back at some point in the postseason. You may be able to out play the Raptors/Celtics for much of the series, but they will have guys able to close out games. That's where LeBron would help the most. Or if Fultz improves his jumper then he is the guy with that closer type of potential. 

Kyrie done for the year and I do not feel sorry for this idiot at all. Guy thought he was capable of carrying a team and he couldn’t even make it thru an 82 game season. Pfff let alone stay healthy for playoffs. Humble yourself dude. 

*in Before the “he lead the C’s to #2 seed” thats great let me know when he can make it a whole year not going injured. He had it EASY playing with the GOAT and took the hard road. Live and you learn, can’t help stupid. Or in this case egotistic people...

2 minutes ago, indifference said:

Kyrie done for the year and I do not feel sorry for this idiot at all. Guy thought he was capable of carrying a team and he couldn’t even make it thru an 82 game season. Pfff let alone stay healthy for playoffs. Humble yourself dude. 

*in Before the “he lead the C’s to #2 seed” thats great let me know when he can make it a whole year not going injured. He had it EASY playing with the GOAT and took the hard road. Live and you learn, can’t help stupid. Or in this case egotistic people...

oh come on don't make me defend kyrie, this is a bad take 

7 minutes ago, indifference said:

lol I'm not even going to touch this

It is bit of karma threatening the Cavs he could sit out the entire season with a "minor" knee operation if they didn't trade him......But man this really sucks. I hate hearing this, I wanted to see the Celtics/Cavs in the 2nd round with Kyrie healthy. That squad plays so hard and are mentally tough as it gets that it would have pushed Cleveland to possibly seven games. 

Wizards may not play Beal or Wall in the 4th quarter today.....

Archived