2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

52 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

i have negative interest in lebron wearing green next year 

This is something LeBron will have to deal with if he goes to the Celtics or Lakers. A lot of their fans hate him and will pounce on him anytime he has a screw up. 

Pastor will do the same if he goes to Houston, but most Rockets fans I'm guessing will support him. 

Philly fans will LOVE him, especially if he brings them a ring. 

I wonder what the Spurs fans feel? 

1 minute ago, YoungJefe said:

How well does LeBron fit with Philly? Do they have enough shooting around him and does a LeBron/Simmons/Saric combo work defensively? 

I imagine Saric would move to the bench with Cov staying in the lineup at the 4. That lineup would be a great defensive lineup, and the fifth starter (likely Mikal Bridges or a Belinelli-type) would have to be a shooter to maintain spacing.

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

Damn you guys got me so confused. why can't Boston trade Kyrie plus Morris plus a Rozier to whatever team for whatever draft pick/s, opening up cap space to sign Lebron straight up? We don't need Cleveland for shet. Unless Lebron is hell-bent on getting 35 mill per vs 33 mill per or something.

* this includes not resigning Smart and or Baynes for cap reasons.

Because Horford, Hayward, Tatum, and Brown make a combined $72 million next year.  Even if the salary cap jumps up unexpectedly to $110 million (projected to be $101 million), they couldn't sign LeBron to anything close to his max as a free agent with those 4 players on the roster.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This is something LeBron will have to deal with if he goes to the Celtics or Lakers. A lot of their fans hate him and will pounce on him anytime he has a screw up. 

Pastor will do the same if he goes to Houston, but most Rockets fans I'm guessing will support him. 

I dunno about it being a problem for the Lakers anymore. They've been bad for long enough now that I think the fanbase would really embrace him.

5 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

I dunno about it being a problem for the Lakers anymore. They've been bad for long enough now that I think the fanbase would really embrace him.

Oh no, being in Cali around a lot of Lakers fans, many are still opposed to him coming. 

End of the day he's going to have to realize "they don't love you like that. You thought you was kobe?"

Philly would be a good young squad to team up with and he would forever be a legend there if he brings them a title. 

8 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You underestimate my homerism 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

You underestimate my homerism 

No, I don't underestimate your homerism at all, trust me. I also don't underestimate how much you love Harden and how much it will hurt you when LeBron starts taking that shine away from him. So whenever he does fail, you will let it be known.

10 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

There isn’t a fan base in the league that would be upset if Lebron joined them. They’ll talk a big game about not wanting him until the day he signs they will act as if they never had a negative word to say about him. 

Disagree. They will sure like the winning that comes with it, but won't fully embrace him. Like @Troy Brown already does it with Irving, imagine it 10x worse with Bron. With Irving even when he was closing all those games at the beginning of the season, he would say man he holds on to the ball way too much and needs to pass more LOL.

10 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

There isn’t a fan base in the league that would be upset if Lebron joined them. They’ll talk a big game about not wanting him until the day he signs they will act as if they never had a negative word to say about him. 

Don't think it's that they would be upset if he went there, just that he might never be truly worshiped by their fans. like how KD is with the Warriors. when Steph/Klay hit shots, the crowd goes nuts. when KD hits shots, it's kind of like polite applause. you can tell it's a little bit awkward. it's a Jon Snow situation, everyone's friendly but you can tell he's not really part of the family.

Archived