2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Chris Mannix said the Celtics are scared Kyrie may bounce next year to the Knicks. Interesting. May give them more reason to go hard after LeBron and move Kyrie. 

Kyrie/Porzingis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Meh. Not sure I believe that. Sounds like typical offseason BS to get clicks. Boston wouldn’t have traded for kyrie if they were afraid to resign him. It’s not like he just had reconstructive knee surgery. 

Stephen A Smith has no shame at all. Said the 76ers need to target David Griffin and even a bigger name in Joe Dumars? W-T-F? Sure Dumars led the Pistons to a championship, but he should not be considered over Griffin, like at all.

But speaking of Griffin, I believe he got his start in Phoenix under Bryan Colangelo? 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Stephen A Smith has no shame at all. Said the 76ers need to target David Griffin and even a bigger name in Joe Dumars? W-T-F? Sure Dumars led the Pistons to a championship, but he should not be considered over Griffin, like at all.

But speaking of Griffin, I believe he got his start in Phoenix under Bryan Colangelo? 

Stop watching that crap

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Meh. Not sure I believe that. Sounds like typical offseason BS to get clicks. Boston wouldn’t have traded for kyrie if they were afraid to resign him. It’s not like he just had reconstructive knee surgery. 

What? You trade for Kyrie because he has two years left on his deal and IT is completely broken with his hip injury. That trade was a no-brainier on their front. Not like they had a guarantee from Kyrie that he would re-sign for sure if they made the move for him. Now, I'm sure they felt pretty confident since they had a great HC, damn good young pieces and the ability to give him 200+ million when his deal was up. I could totally see Kyrie at one point of his career playing for the Knicks. But would that happen after next season? Probably not. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What? You trade for Kyrie because he has two years left on his deal and IT is completely broken with his hip injury. That trade was a no-brainier on their front. Not like they had a guarantee from Kyrie that he would re-sign for sure if they made the move for him. Now, I'm sure they felt pretty confident since they had a great HC, damn good young pieces and the ability to give him 200+ million when his deal was up. I could totally see Kyrie at one point of his career playing for the Knicks. But would that happen after next season? Probably not. 

Kyrie just played like an all nba player. There’s no way they’d even think of trading him unless they could get someone like kawhi. Just don’t see it happening. 

10 hours ago, utley4568 said:

Woj just said on ESPN that there are good GMs on good teams asking their agents if they can get out of their contracts, and that everyone wants the Sixers GM job.

Well, duh. You literally get to walk in, do absolutely nothing and look super successful lol

Kyrie just played like an all nba player. There’s no way they’d even think of trading him unless they could get someone like kawhi. Just don’t see it happening. 

I said why the Celtics traded for him. Only reason you would trade Kyrie now is if you want LeBron or could get a supreme talent in return like Kawhi. 

10 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Because Horford, Hayward, Tatum, and Brown make a combined $72 million next year.  Even if the salary cap jumps up unexpectedly to $110 million (projected to be $101 million), they couldn't sign LeBron to anything close to his max as a free agent with those 4 players on the roster.

What? If it jumped to be $110M, Lebrons max deal would be roughly 38M. The Celtics would have roughly $38M in cap space. That wont happen though, at $101M his max deal is going to be roughly 35M, so yeah Boston can't sign him outright unless he took a huge paycut which he wont.

Only chance is a S&T.

Just now, MookieMonster said:

What? If it jumped to be $110M, Lebrons max deal would be roughly 38M. The Celtics would have roughly $38M in cap space. That wont happen though, at $101M his max deal is going to be roughly 35M, so yeah Boston can't sign him outright unless he took a huge paycut which he wont.

Only chance is a S&T.

Either or S&T or an opt in and trade. But like what was discussed last night the cavs aren’t helping Lebron go to Boston. Not unless they get someone crazy good in return. Which won’t happen. 

2 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Only chance is a S&T.

They'd have 9 other cap holds of roughly $1 million for the rest of the roster that would prevent them from signing LeBron close to his max.

Either or S&T or an opt in and trade. But like what was discussed last night the cavs aren’t helping Lebron go to Boston. Not unless they get someone crazy good in return. Which won’t happen. 

How funny would it be if it was a S&T for Kyrie (LOL), then we trade Kyrie to Philly for Fultz, their Lottery pick, and another piece?

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

How funny would it be if it was a S&T for Kyrie (LOL), then we trade Kyrie to Philly for Fultz, their Lottery pick, and another piece?

Irving would actually be a really good fit on the 76ers...

Archived