2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

50 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

So Lavar Ball called out John Wall? That is incredibly dumb...

His dad didn't even say anything crazy. Just said my son doesn't lose twice in the same week....Which obviously will happen to him plenty of times, but when did he call John Wall out? When did he even mention Wall's name? I may have missed that part, but I heard his post game interview after the Pelicans loss and he didn't bring up Wall at all.

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Ummm...he completely changed his shooting mechanics and they have shown horrible results.  That's a very serious long-term issue.

Philadelphia, shockingly, is also not being ultra cautious.

They also playedEmbiid with a meniscus tear.  Colangelo trying to go anti-Hinkie and play guys thru injury?

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

His dad didn't even say anything crazy. Just said my son doesn't lose twice in the same week....Which obviously will happen to him plenty of times, but when did he call John Wall out? When did he even mention Wall's name? I may have missed that part, but I heard his post game interview after the Pelicans loss and he didn't bring up Wall at all.

Pretty sure Lavar is on ESPN salary tbh 

4 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I was talking about the injury, not his shooting. His shooting may or may not improve, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

They've been playing him on average 19 minutes a night off the bench, and now he is set to miss the next 3 games be fore being re-evaluated.If they weren't being cautious, they'd have thrown him into the starting lineup and played him 30+ minutes a night. Not sure what argument you're trying to make?

If an injury is serious enough to completely breakdown your shooting motion and start over, then that's a serious issue.  He's creating new habits that will be just as hard to break.

If they were being ultra cautious, then he would have already been sitting instead of playing him when he's being affected this much by his injury.  Waiting until after his agent tells ESPN how serious it is doesn't strike me as being ultra cautious.  And they haven't been playing him more because he's been bad and they have better options.

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Didnt bring up Wall but he implied that Lonzo Ball is gonna have a great game and the Lakers arent going to lose. Well Ball is going against one of best Point Guards in the game. It just seemed implied that Lonzo was going to out play the Wizarda by himself and prevent the L

And even if he didnt name John Wall by name it definetly gives him extra motivation and pokes the bear which is just dumb.

20 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Didnt bring up Wall but he implied that Lonzo Ball is gonna have a great game and the Lakers arent going to lose. Well Ball is going against one of best Point Guards in the game. It just seemed implied that Lonzo was going to out play the Wizarda by himself and prevent the L

And even if he didnt name John Wall by name it definetly gives him extra motivation and pokes the bear which is just dumb.

All dude said was the Wizards should beware, his son doesn't lose twice in the same week. If that's a shot at Wall, then so be it.....

Just now, Tyronnosaurus said:

Can't wait to see Nerlens Noel play 6 minutes tonight.

I don't get that at all. So what exactly is the issue there? Team can't rebound worth crap and he's barely seeing any time. I figured he would be playing around 30 MPG, yet dude isn't even playing 20 MPG. Trying to kill that man's negotiating power or what? lol

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't get that at all. So what exactly is the issue there? Team can't rebound worth crap and he's barely seeing any time. I figured he would be playing around 30 MPG, yet dude isn't even playing 20 MPG. Trying to kill that man's negotiating power or what? lol

Possible reasons:

1) Carlisle doesn't like him and there's been issues in practice we don't know of.

2) Carlisle is OPENLY tanking.

3) Carlisle genuinely believes that Dwight Powell and Dirk are better options at center, which would make him insane.

Carlisle is too good of a coach so would eliminate #3.

#2 is possible

No clue about #1, but I guess that's certainly possible as well. Seems like there is some blood that they couldn't extend him in the offseason? 

It's just baffling how they were set to give him such a big contract but now treat him like a typical 8th man in the league. What happened between then and now?

Archived