Raiders bringing back Denzelle Good

agarcia34

3 hours ago, dante9876 said:

This hasn't run its course yet. Sheesh. 

Right? The depth is suspect. One injury to a guy like Richie and it will get ugly really quick.

If I know the Raiders, we will be discussing Oline troubles by week 4 when the offense is stagnant. When do these things ever work out for the Raiders?

23 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Right? The depth is suspect. One injury to a guy like Richie and it will get ugly really quick.

If I know the Raiders, we will be discussing Oline troubles by week 4 when the offense is stagnant. When do these things ever work out for the Raiders?

That Can easily be addressed

for how much Gruden blamed injuries in his press conferences, (something I believe a coach shouldnt do, and def not publicly), youd think we would be bringing in a new strength and conditioning team. . .
but then I remembered his son is on that team, so Im sure we will continue to blame injuries and what not on bad luck. 

On 3/19/2021 at 7:49 AM, big_palooka said:

Good gives us some flexibility because he can play LG, RG, or RT in a pinch. Ideally we'll add a RT early in the draft and then we have Parker who can be serviceable at either OT spot if needed for a couple of games. And then you also have to hope that John Simpson can take a leap this year and be a serviceable backup for us. 

In my most recent mock draft I have us trading #17 to New Orleans for #28 and #60 so they can come up and select Mac Jones. At #28 I took Jalen Mayfield who should be a plug and play RT and at #48 I took Wyatt Davis who should be a plug and play at OG. 

In that scenario our starting OL would be

Miller - Incognito - Martin - Good - Mayfield 

With Davis, Simpson, Parker, and James as depth behind them. 

On 3/19/2021 at 8:33 AM, BackinBlack said:

for how much Gruden blamed injuries in his press conferences, (something I believe a coach shouldnt do, and def not publicly), youd think we would be bringing in a new strength and conditioning team. . .
but then I remembered his son is on that team, so Im sure we will continue to blame injuries and what not on bad luck. 

I'm pretty sure his son Deuce is our strength and conditioning coach. 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2021 at 8:15 PM, oakdb36 said:

Pretty much sums up PFF.  They don’t have retired OL coaches grading OL.... that’s the only way you could be successful in grading IMO.  Essentially they use guys like me and you who have the time due to it being their job to watch a lot of film, but they don’t know the important parts of blocking schemes.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm pretty sure his son Deuce is our strength and conditioning coach. 

He’s an Assistant S+C coach.  Essentially he’s just a helper I assume.

injuries happen... sure TB being 40lbs heavier then he normally is will certainly cause an injury.  

But the rest of the injuries are hard to point blame on.  The NBA is big on load management.  That’s why I have been high on getting a good RB2 to limit Jacobs touches and prevent injuries.  
The tighter the muscles the faster you run but the more likely they are to snap.  Early season injuries are mostly from poor conditioning.  Late season injuries are mostly from fatigue and having one injury and compensating for it and hurting another body part. that’s all said with a huge asterisks because injuries can happen on any play to perfectly conditioned players.  It’s a crapshoot.

But you really can’t put blame On injuries because you know they happen and you should have had good depth for when they do.  Outside of losing a starting QB there really isn’t a position you could use as an excuse.  You gotta make due with what you have and make sure you have depth.