CB Lewis re-signed

textaz03

16 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Lmao, this is a weird one. Is he our new FS? Are we going to cut Brown? Or are we just massively overpaying for a #4 corner?

Anyway, Lewis was burnt toast last year. Not super thrilled on this one.

Yeah the move really only makes sense if (1) they plan to try Lewis at FS or (2) they plan to attack the position with numbers in FA and the draft and most likely cut Anthony Brown.

1 minute ago, plan9misfit said:

His play sucked last year, but the whole defense sucked because Nolan’s scheme is hot garbage. 

As other posters have said we appear to be banking heavily on our guys playing much better in a new scheme.  Time will tell.

2 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

His play sucked last year, but the whole defense sucked because Nolan’s scheme is hot garbage. 

There is a talent issue, too. He is not a good man cover guy in the slot.

If they view him as a poor man’s honey badger, I think they can get some real value out of him. But if they just expect him to be our slot corner... well I think that’s a real downgrade from A Brown.

3 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

There is a talent issue, too. He is not a good man cover guy in the slot.

If they view him as a poor man’s honey badger, I think they can get some real value out of him. But if they just expect him to be our slot corner... well I think that’s a real downgrade from A Brown.

I have no idea what these moronic rubes think. As dumb as they are, they probably discussed keeping Chido and his 75% completion rate.

Before last year which was a total mess, I feel like Lewis always got a raw deal with Marinelli because of his size. But he has flashed and turned the ball over (6 sacks, 4 FR, and 4 INTs) in his 4 years. That’s gotta be half our takeaways over that time. Gotta hope Quinn has a plan or we’re screwed again.

40 minutes ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

Before last year which was a total mess, I feel like Lewis always got a raw deal with Marinelli because of his size. But he has flashed and turned the ball over (6 sacks, 4 FR, and 4 INTs) in his 4 years. That’s gotta be half our takeaways over that time. Gotta hope Quinn has a plan or we’re screwed again.

Marinelli was one of the catalysts behind ignoring the 1T and Safety position because he doesn’t see any value in those positions. The problem is that his stink has yet to lift from the organization.

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Lmao, this is a weird one. Is he our new FS? Are we going to cut Brown? Or are we just massively overpaying for a #4 corner?

Anyway, Lewis was burnt toast last year. Not super thrilled on this one.

Wasn’t there talk during previous seasons of him playing FS? Guess it’s the Cowboy way to play musical chairs in the secondary, so it would fit. 
Regardless nothing about this makes much sense, beyond we like our guys. Guess it’s a real thing.