Week 8 | Other Games Thread

IDOG_det

GOTW  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which should be the Game Of The Week?

• #19 Michigan @ #2 Penn State
    • #11 USC @ #13 Notre Dame

1 minute ago, IDOG_det said:

Hey, at least the poll started off pretty heavy in favor of USC/ND. Part of me kinda hopes USC/ND wins the poll because Michigan has played like garbage and will probably get wrecked. At least USC/ND has the potential to be a chaotic/hilariously ugly game because neither team has been playing great and both have some injuries.

I thought ND has been playing pretty well?

I mean they aren't facing a tough schedule, but they've won all their games by 20 points or more except for their 1 point loss to Georgia (now ranked #3).

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean they aren't facing a tough schedule, but they've won all their games by 20 points or more except for their 1 point loss to Georgia (now ranked #3).

Only impressive win is at Michigan State. Felt more like Georgia wasn't playing as well as they should and just hung on instead of ND actually giving them a legitimate challenge. Wimbush is supposed to be healthy this week, but I'll believe it when I see it. Mystery foot injuries can be tricky.

13 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Mich St. and GA are two real good teams that we faced so far.

USC, NC St, Stanford, The U and Navy still to come; ND has a real tough schedule. 

3 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

I really wish one of the two was a 330 game... Because the rest of the games kind of look bleh. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

I really don't get why west coast teams don't schedule some of their games in that time slot. The 3pm-4pm time slot is usually pretty weak, no reason why they can't fill that with a few good west coast games (which would be noon-1pm games in their time).

Some really good valley matchups this week. 

#4 University of South Dakota (6-0) travels to Normal IL to take on the #24 ranked Illinois State Redbirds (4-2). ISU has been a consistent program, making the playoffs in 4/5 seasons. They nearly won the whole thing in 2014 if it wasn't for a last second touchdown from Carson Wentz. USD on the other hand, has been the little brother in the state of South Dakota. They have not had a winning season since joining the valley in 2012. But sometimes the little brother surpasses the big brother. I expect USD to win this game by a touchdown. 31-24 Coyotes.

#12 Western Illinois (5-1) travels to Fargo ND to take on the #2 ranked NDSU Bison (6-0). The Bison don't need much of an introduction as they have won national championships in 5/6 years, including 5 straight. This year they seem poised to win #6. Western Illinois, like USD has been a below average team. Their best record since joining the valley has been 8-5 but they have had multiple 1-2 win seasons. But much like USD, this year appears to be different. They beat perennial powerhouse Northern Iowa in cedar rapids by 9 points. They nearly completed a comeback to beat USD a few weeks prior but ended up just short as the clock expires. Still though, the Bison are in a class of its own and I don't expect this game to be extremely competitive. 27-10 Bison.

Archived