Pats re-sign David Andrews (4 year deal)

DoleINGout

Forget Cam.  It's the BB COACH factor in play here. We won 7 games and were close to winning a couple more...  if we had weapons and didn't screw up in the red zone..  Now we have an easier schedule with a boat load of new talent and we will have Cam in the system for a full season.  BB will coach additional wins with all the new weapons he now has for the offense. The WR group can do nothing and we still have major improvement on offense. Pats running game will greatly improve becasue defense will now fear the passing game. There will no longer be 11 D players in the box to stop the run this year!!!

Do I hope we have a better option than Cam heck ya however to say it will be the same as last year is just foolish.

The key is can they fix/improve Cam damage shoulder enough that he can throw the ball naturally. IMO that was the major reason for Cams horrible play.

Edited by m haynes

7 hours ago, The Third Rider said:

Cam is not great but he had a lot working against last season. He didn’t have an off-season and he basically started with just 2 months in the team on a notoriously difficult offense to learn. He caught covid  early in the year which he says affected him. Also had no wide receivers and literally no tight ends to throw to. He won’t light up the league but he should improve, the team over all is vastly improved and they will have a much easier schedule then last season.

Only so much can be explained by that. The truth is that the guy's arm looked shot. One-hoppers on 10-yard passes. I am hoping that SOMEHOW that was an anomaly, but I'm not expecting it and am still hoping they find another QB and Cam is the backup

Edited by childofpudding
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Only so much can be explained by that. The truth is that the guy's arm looked shot. One-hoppers on 10-yard passes. I am hoping that SOMEHOW that was an anomaly, but I'm not expecting it and am still hoping they find another QB and Cam is the backup

Yes, his passes were all over the place but i have to be fair too, he did have a lot going against him this last season. To be clear, I don’t think Cam is the future at QB for the Patriots, I am hoping we draft one this year. I am expecting Cam to be serviceable for 2021.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, childofpudding said:

Marcus Mariota would be a good Patriot. Change my mind.

Smart, athletic, great teammate, has shown flashes of being capable when healthy, generally limits turnovers.

50 minutes ago, The Third Rider said:

Yes, his passes were all over the place but i have to be fair too, he did have a lot going against him this last season. To be clear, I don’t think Cam is the future at QB for the Patriots, I am hoping we draft one this year. I am expecting Cam to be serviceable for 2021.

How does he have a game like he did vs Seattle (hello 60 yard bomb to Edelman), then other games where he can barely throw?

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Marcus Mariota would be a good Patriot. Change my mind.

Smart, athletic, great teammate, has shown flashes of being capable when healthy, generally limits turnovers.

I'd agree with you a few years ago, but he has seemed to regress or at least plateau. I don't think he'd be much better than Cam was last season, if at all. At least Cam can run the ball.

10 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Are you familiar with Cam's career? He follows losing seasons with winning seasons fairly regularly, like his entire career.

He will be 32 and he's healthy. He has some actual time in the system.

This team is loaded. They win 11+ with Cam starting 16.

A 16 game Cam will run for about  650 and 10 TDs and throw for about 3400+ and 24+ TDs.

With that D, that will get them 11-13 wins. (or they upgrade on him, but McDaniel and BB would not have Cam there if they did not think they could win with him)

This is not any lame MVP or even pro bowl talk. They can win with him being the 5th or 6th best QB in the AFC.

I get where you are coming from. it takes some real next level understanding to know that Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry are upgrades from Ryan Izzo and Devin Asiasi.

Bourne and Agholor are upgrades on N'Keal Harry and Damiere Byrd in case that was a tough puzzle to solve.

They have gone from 30-32nd in pass catchers to probably in that 12-16 range now. (if not higher)

Their D is loaded again with proven players in that system (Van Noy and Hightower) and a bunch more good players.

Better players = More wins

Could they get 4 key injuries and go 8-8? Sure.  So could KC, Buffalo, Cleveland, or Indy

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

Here’s a little exercise for you.

Compare and contrast the weapons and roster of the 2015 Panthers and the 2021 Patriots. Then form an opinion based on that analysis.

CTRL+F "Shoulder" = Zero Results. Weird you seem to be ignoring the glaring difference between 2015 Cam and 2021 Cam.