Ezekiel Elliot remains suspended

SpanosPayYourRent

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ezekiel-elliott-to-withdraw-nfl-appeal-serve-full-suspension/
via http://cbssportsapp.com

So I just read he's not fighting back anymore and going to serve his suspension. Will the Cowboys have some form of rb play or better QB play while he's out? This is gonna hurt. Why is he leaving the country to work out? Why does he even need to announce where he's going? 

19 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ezekiel-elliott-to-withdraw-nfl-appeal-serve-full-suspension/
via http://cbssportsapp.com

So I just read he's not fighting back anymore and going to serve his suspension. Will the Cowboys have some form of rb play or better QB play while he's out? This is gonna hurt. Why is he leaving the country to work out? Why does he even need to announce where he's going? 

Cause its over at this point. He did everything he could. And I think most people who were going to listen know the facts.

Our RB/QB will depend on if we are able to not give up a historical amount of pressures to mid level defender. 

28 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

Why is he leaving the country to work out?

So he can be a good teammate.. wait. Because the long flight will aid recovery.. eh, no. Because a millionaire in Europe has less distractions than in Dallas? No that can't be right.

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

So he can be a good teammate.. wait. Because the long flight will aid recovery.. eh, no. Because a millionaire in Europe has less distractions than in Dallas? No that can't be right.

Can you get tested while your suspended? Hes probably going the to spend half his day training and half his day partying is butt off. Probably easier access to drugs with less likelihood that he will get caught. 

50 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Can you get tested while your suspended? Hes probably going the to spend half his day training and half his day partying is butt off. Probably easier access to drugs with less likelihood that he will get caught. 

If Elliott isn't in the NFLs drug abuse program then no, he doesn't get tested. They have a testing period for all NFL players between 4/20 and the beginning of August, after that they don't get tested till the same time next year.

44 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

If Elliott isn't in the NFLs drug abuse program then no, he doesn't get tested. They have a testing period for all NFL players between 4/20 and the beginning of August, after that they don't get tested till the same time next year.

The nfl really picked the date 420? You must be kidding me. 

He is not in any program. And its well known that he likes to party pretty hard. So I just hope he doesnt end up on TMZ the next 5 weeks. 

2 hours ago, steadypimpin said:

Why is he leaving the country to work out? Why does he even need to announce where he's going? 

He's banned from the team facilities/interactions until his suspension is up. Why hang out in an area like DFW for 6 weeks with TMZ camping out in their vans waiting to catch a video/photo of him?  He needed a break from all of it.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

He is not in any program.

To be fair, we don’t actually know this. A first substance abuse infraction triggers no public response from the NFL, but does put the player into the program.

5 minutes ago, iPwn said:

To be fair, we don’t actually know this. A first substance abuse infraction triggers no public response from the NFL, but does put the player into the program.

You are right that we dont know for 100%, but during this whole process he admitted to being a heavy drug user in college (with allegedly Bosa). Afterwards there were some articles stating he wasnt in the program. It was probably speculation though. 

On 11/15/2017 at 6:51 PM, ///mcompact said:

He needed a break from all of it.

I think this is it. The NFL is a sport working on its international profile - it's possible that Elliot jumped across the pond to get away from the media and cameras and drama, allow himself to relax without fans and media constantly following him around.

Or, he went to party like a rock star. Could go either way.

In May, Jones asked Goodell by phone for a status update on the Elliott investigation. Jones later told several people that he came away from their conversation with an assurance that there would be no suspension for Elliott and that Goodell felt the running back should enter counseling and perhaps issue a statement showing contrition for his behavior. Jones replied that Elliott wouldn't be contrite about domestic violence because he hadn't committed it. "[Jones] told me, 'Roger told me there was nothing to worry about -- the evidence just isn't there,'" says a high-level source briefed on the call. "Jerry ... was damn sure that Zeke was free and clear."

Dude. WTF. 

Archived