Titans sign WR Josh Reynolds

titans0021

Just now, twotonebluenation said:

Yea. If we want to make noise we better hope he is the 3. This dude ain’t scaring people on d. Which means more eyes on AJ. I am hoping we can strike some Justin Jefferson type gold in the draft. Here’s to hoping.

i'll be okay with reynolds as our sole 2 if and only if we get a pitts-type weapon at TE. otherwise yeah, gotta go WR early.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I don't like to speak in definte terms. Like nothing is ever possible. Pretty sure nobody thought Jonnu would ever be a $50 million TE after his first year. Things happen.
He had a real solid year last year as the 3rd option maybe 4th if you could Everett at TE. (Woods, Kupp, Everett and Reynolds)  But an increase in targets could increase his numbers. 
But truthfully, he could only catch 40 passes and I'll be fine if he catches them when he is targeted and when we need it.  Obviously I want more, but I just want him to be reliable, consistent and hopefully more productive than he was before. 
PK always acting like he knows everything. He always likes to poopoo any optimistic thought about a player. 
Nobody expecting him to go out there and break the record for TDs, but it's not out of line to think he can come close or match what Davis did. 

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

He's acting like Corey Davis was some superstar lol. Davis averages 700 yards per year. last year was not his normal. Its not like we're replacing a 1500 yard receiver with a 300 yard receiver. The difference in production Is not that far off considering Davis has been no less than the second receiver his entire career whereas Reynolds has never been more then a 3 with spot action as a 2 when there is injury. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I still wouldn’t hesitate to take a WR if one falls to 22 but this signing definitely allows us to look in another direction. I would probably still go CB 1 and WR 2nd.

I agree, I love what Waddle would bring to this team so if he's there I don't hesitate to take him. But this means we don't have to reach for a position just because we have a hole.  

15 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

He's acting like Corey Davis was some superstar lol. Davis averages 700 yards per year. last year was not his normal. Its not like we're replacing a 1500 yard receiver with a 300 yard receiver. The difference in production Is not that far off considering Davis has been no less than the second receiver his entire career whereas Reynolds has never been more then a 3 with spot action as a 2 when there is injury. 

Can anyone legit look at this and not see the same things Davis was doing? 
Don't see why he couldn't do what Davis was doing. 

• Like 1

Davis is definitely a better player. That’s not even debatable. However, Reynolds is more than capable of playing the #2 WR role in this offense. Some of you just expect this team to completely open up the offense and go 3WR a lot. This is still Derrick Henry’s team and they’re going to ride him until the wheels fall off. They needed someone who can catch, separate, and block. That’s exactly what Reynolds can do. We’re still going to see a lot of 12 personnel and honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if a TE was drafted before a WR especially one who can line up in the slot. That’s why someone like Brevin Jordan fits. His biggest issue has always been durability but he’s lined up all over the field and including inline. We currently have two TEs on the roster who are both limited. One is a receiver and one is a blocker. We need someone who can do both.

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I love it. Super underrated. Wish we had gotten him on a cheap deal for 2 or 3 years instead of 1, but oh well.

I wouldn't worry about WR in the first 2 rounds unless a stud falls. Way too many other holes.

Yep and it’s once again a very deep receiver draft. I think we draft a TE before a WR.

6 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Davis is definitely a better player. That’s not even debatable. However, Reynolds is more than capable of playing the #2 WR role in this offense. Some of you just expect this team to completely open up the offense and go 3WR a lot. This is still Derrick Henry’s team and they’re going to ride him until the wheels fall off. They needed someone who can catch, separate, and block. That’s exactly what Reynolds can do. We’re still going to see a lot of 12 personnel and honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if a TE was drafted before a WR especially one who can line up in the slot. That’s why someone like Brevin Jordan fits. His biggest issue has always been durability but he’s lined up all over the field and including inline. We currently have two TEs on the roster who are both limited. One is a receiver and one is a blocker. We need someone who can do both.

Curious what makes Reynolds an unquestioned better player? 
Can you detail the difference with what you see?

I agree with everything else you said. In this offense, he can most def fill the #2 role. We aren't going to line up 5 wide all game. 

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I agree with everything else you said. In this offense, he can most def fill the #2 role. We aren't going to line up 5 wide all game. 

He didn't say Reynolds was better, he said Davis was better.

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Davis is a much better athlete. There’s a reason why he was one of the more coveted WR’s in FA compared to Reynolds who got just a 1 year deal on probably not much money.

Edited by ttitansfan4life