I'm curious who you guys like with our 1st round pick

TeHDruiD

19 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Bruh, you keep harping on this reading his keys stuff like he can't be coached up, plus what if PSU didn't read guards? People coach linebackers (and football period) differently across the country. You look at linebacker with one pair of lenses, there are multiple perspectives to how to do things, just because he doesn't do it the way you like doesn't mean he can't do it. Secondly, the idea of guys being ready made prospects like they won't be coached up and taught at a high level is preposterous.

Especially when you have some teams like OSU who are a mixture of zone and gap, and IMO, more of a tell based off of formation presnap.

16 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Bruh, you keep harping on this reading his keys stuff like he can't be coached up, plus what if PSU didn't read guards? People coach linebackers (and football period) differently across the country. You look at linebacker with one pair of lenses, there are multiple perspectives to how to do things, just because he doesn't do it the way you like doesn't mean he can't do it. Secondly, the idea of guys being ready made prospects like they won't be coached up and taught at a high level is preposterous.

Yeah the guy has played LB for like 2 years. His freshman year he led the team on tackles when he started one game and was an all American year 2.  

To say he’s just scratching the surface of what he can do would be an understatement.

I’d get the hesitation if he wasn’t productive and this was a measurables crush, but the kid actually played well also.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah the guy has played LB for like 2 years. His freshman year he led the team on tackles when he started one game and was an all American year 2.  

To say he’s just scratching the surface of what he can do would be an understatement.

I’d get the hesitation if he wasn’t productive and this was a measurables crush, but the kid actually played well also.

Having context would help a lot when judging some of these guys.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I am not anti-Parsons. I am saying that he's not a slam-dunk can't miss MLB prospect. He's got several flaws in processing, whether he's being asked to read guards or runningbacks. His eyes are all over the place and he is basically just making splash plays based on his freakish nature. Can he develop superstar instincts? Sure, but it's not as easy as one thinks.

He's not terrible at processing. It's just not a consistent strength like it is with Bolton/Collins/JOK. If you value tape over measurables, those three guys are gonna be more highly sought after. If you value upside and potential, Parsons is the easy selection. It's just a matter of preference. I prefer clean reading prospects and equate it to QB accuracy. It can improve, but it's rare that a linebacker will all of a sudden gain instincts when they've not had to do it for their entire football careers to this point.

Browns need an impact player with 1st pick! I would suggest using draft capital to move up to 12-15 arena either using next year’s first or 2nd and 3rd this year. Then rely on our scouting department to pick BPA.

4 hours ago, #32 said:

Browns need an impact player with 1st pick! I would suggest using draft capital to move up to 12-15 arena either using next year’s first or 2nd and 3rd this year. Then rely on our scouting department to pick BPA.

Well that's a terrible plan that is legitimately the dead opposite of our FO's typical MO. But okay.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, #32 said:

Or we can just scout really well and draft him at #26 or even trade back and accumulate future assets and still take an impact guy 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

BUT WHEN YOU TRADE UP YOU’RE GUARANTEED A STAR!!!

I'm weighing the cost/benefit analysis of throwing a grenade into this and watching the masses devolve into complete anarchy, purely for my own amusement:

Remember when we traded down for Phil Taylor and didn't get Julio?

Remember when we traded down for Corey Coleman instead of staying put and getting one of those other guys like Joey Bosa, Jalen Ramsey, Ronnie Stanley, or DeForest Buckner?

200.gif

*Exits*

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm weighing the cost/benefit analysis of throwing a grenade into this and watching the masses devolve into complete anarchy, purely for my own amusement:

Remember when we traded down for Corey Coleman instead of staying put and getting one of those other guys like Joey Bosa, Jalen Ramsey, Ronnie Stanley, or DeForest Buckner?

200.gif

*Exits*

Not taking your bait sir.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

200.gif

*Exits*

As long as we know FOR SURE he is a dude, I have no issue with this either