FFMD War Room Thread

NYRaider

32 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

He is not.  However, Onwuzirike, McNeill, Togiai, Milton Williams, and Tufele are all available and I would think any of them at 80 or 81 would be great value.

Onwuzirike would be a steal! Togiai could potentially backup Hankins as well. We've got bodies at DT and some have potential but it wouldn't preclude me from drafting those two. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We are back on the clock tomorrow at 7:20 PM and 8:00 PM. Lets start formulating a big board of guys that we want to target there so the picks can be nice and easy this time.

I know you've already gotten a FS in Moehrig but I feel Cisco is a playmaking star in the making, as mentioned above the DTs seem to have value with Levi O being a potential steal and Togiai. Ambry Thomas is a CB I could see being a nice fit too. There'll probably be a couple raw, athletic OTs there too like Brown. I don't know if you need my input but Levi O would be top of my board.

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We are back on the clock tomorrow at 7:20 PM and 8:00 PM. Lets start formulating a big board of guys that we want to target there so the picks can be nice and easy this time.

Any defensive position starting with a pass rushing DT.  LB and secondary help.

A developmental QB, OT/OG versatile player.

RB.  So if we sniff Sermon at the 12whatever pick I am pounding the table.  

36 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Based on what I know about the Raiders defense last year, I would start with these five at DT:

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

Onwuzirike, McNeill, Togiai, Milton Williams, and Tufele

And these 4 at LB:

59 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Browning, Bolton, McGrone, Werner

Michael Carter and Kenneth Gainwell would be my top two RBs remaining and either would be a very nice complement to Jacobs.

Wyatt Davis, Josh Meyers, Trey Smith, Quinn Meinerz, and Ben Cleveland would be possible IOL guys.

Kelvin Joseph would be my top CB available by far.

17 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Based on what I know about the Raiders defense last year, I would start with these five at DT:

And these 4 at LB:

Michael Carter and Kenneth Gainwell would be my top two RBs remaining and either would be a very nice complement to Jacobs.

Wyatt Davis, Josh Meyers, Trey Smith, Quinn Meinerz, and Ben Cleveland would be possible IOL guys.

Kelvin Joseph would be my top CB available by far.

Our D last year was utterly shocking..... And it all stemmed from zero pass rush inside, well that and a terrible DC and scheme 😁 We have some young pieces at DE and CB but they're not sure things. 

RB is not a need at all, we have Jacobs and just signed Drake to a pretty large contract, not much room for another guy as our FB Ingold will get some targets too with Gruden in charge, we do have Richard who is a good #3 but might be let go due to cost......

Like all those OGs, and we will need to replace Incognito some time. Simpson hasn't really shown that much yet.

LB we have Kwiatkoski, Littleton and Morrow so a do it all SLB could be considered a need. 

Would Joseph be a better fit than Ambry Thomas? We're likely to be playing Cover 3 a lot with Bradley's defence and I'm not sure. Thomas looks like a good fit to me.

Apologies if you already know all this 😁😁

7 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Our D last year was utterly shocking..... And it all stemmed from zero pass rush inside, well that and a terrible DC and scheme 😁 We have some young pieces at DE and CB but they're not sure things. 

RB is not a need at all, we have Jacobs and just signed Drake to a pretty large contract, not much room for another guy as our FB Ingold will get some targets too with Gruden in charge, we do have Richard who is a good #3 but might be let go due to cost......

Like all those OGs, and we will need to replace Incognito some time. Simpson hasn't really shown that much yet.

LB we have Kwiatkoski, Littleton and Morrow so a do it all SLB could be considered a need. 

Would Joseph be a better fit than Ambry Thomas? We're likely to be playing Cover 3 a lot with Bradley's defence and I'm not sure. Thomas looks like a good fit to me.

Apologies if you already know all this 😁😁

Onwuzirike would be the home run pick.

Fair on RB.

We agree on OG.

I know yall signed those LBs, but from everything I saw and read, they didn't exactly impress.  Littleton in particular.

Not sure on the Ambry v Kelvin discussion.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Fair on RB.

We agree on OG.

I know yall signed those LBs, but from everything I saw and read, they didn't exactly impress.  Littleton in particular.

Littleton started playing better after Guenther was canned.  He did not play up to his contract but should be at least a decent starter next year.  What we could use is a 4-3 under SLB.  Key is the only option I see on the roster and his ability to play that role is not proven.  I would like to see a 3T, Onwuzirike being the best option,  and a SLB.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Fair on RB.

We agree on OG.

Littleton was playing SLB it seemed on most downs last year which really didn't play to his strengths. I think the consensus opinion here is that he should revert back to WLB under Bradley and be more a flow type LB that can chase, be protected more and hopefully make more plays. I would say the prognosis is better for him and Morrow is a lighter, faster LB who is good in coverage but not physical and is only a so-so tackler. It's not a certainty if course but I'd imagine Littleton plays much better this year. Kwiatkoski is very solid and had the green dot last year. None are irreplaceable but I'd say we have much greater needs 🙂

Edited by Darbsk

21 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Littleton started playing better after Guenther was canned.  He did not play up to his contract but should be at least a decent starter next year.  What we could use is a 4-3 under SLB.  Key is the only option I see on the roster and his ability to play that role is not proven.  I would like to see a 3T, Onwuzirike being the best option,  and a SLB.

21 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Littleton was playing SLB it seemed on most downs last year which really didn't play to his strengths. I think the consensus opinion here is that he should revert back to WLB under Bradley and be more a flow type LB that can chase, be protected more and hopefully make more plays. I would say the prognosis is better for him and Morrow is a lighter, faster LB who is good in coverage but not physical and is only a so-so tackler. It's not a certainty if course but I'd imagine Littleton plays much better this year. Kwiatkoski is very solid and had the green dot last year. None are irreplaceable but I'd say we have much greater needs 🙂

Ok, let's see who is available.

13 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Two very big ifs.

Very true but he's only 27 and had his 1 very good year with Rod Marinelli in Dallas who is currently out DL coach. Heading into the 2019 season we had just lost Jared Cook who was our leading receiver the previous season and didn't really address TE in FA or the draft because we had faith in Waller. 

Either way though I think that our approach to free agency indicates that we likely won't be going DT very early in the draft. We brought back Irving and signed 3 other young guys who have flashed in Jefferson, Philon, and Thomas to compete for spots along with resigning Jonathan Hankins.