FFMD War Room Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Plus Tryon has a seriously impressive athletic profile.

Yeah I just saw his pro day numbers. 

6'5" 259 with 34" arms and his testing numbers were impressive: 4.64s forty (86th percentile), 35" vertical (73rd percentile), 116" broad (57th percentile), 4.36s shuttle (65th percentile), 7.18s 3-cone (55th percentile). 

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Ifeatu Melifonwu, Quincy Roche, Levi Onwuzurike, Chazz Surratt, Jabril Cox, Joe Tyron, and Trey Smith are all guys that I think would be good value picks with our two third round picks. 

Onwuzurike and Tryon would be fantastic. 

One of them and Smith would be fantastic. 

Heck, any 2 of that list is....

Bu if the spotlight was on me, I'm going Cox/Smith despite my man crushes. 

Gets OG covered in a big way, and I think Cox is stellar and would form a great LB unit with Littleton and Kwit. If we hadn't spent on Yannick and signed so many DL guys, I may think differently. 

Hard to go wrong, really. 

Edited by ronjon1990

5 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

So far, we have taken Moehrig and Eichenberg. 

Rd 3 we go back to back. 

Edge/LB/CB are my big ones on the table. 

Surely were more set at DE than at DT though? Ngakoue, Crosby, Ferrell are our starters with a rotation guy possibly needed. Whereas at DT we have Hankins plus a wing and a prayer. Ferrell and Crosby have both shown patches of really good play whereas we're hoping for a complete breakout or a comeback of the year type performance from Thomas or Irving. I'm not saying we don't need another edge guy (we also have Key and Irving can play the big DE role) but DT and SLB to me is the glaring question mark.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Surely were more set at DE than at DT though? Ngakoue, Crosby, Ferrell are our starters with a rotation guy possibly needed. Whereas at DT we have Hankins plus a wing and a prayer. Ferrell and Crosby have both shown patches of really good play whereas we're hoping for a complete breakout or a comeback of the year type performance from Thomas or Irving. I'm not saying we don't need another edge guy (we also have Key and Irving can play the big DE role) but DT and SLB to me is the glaring question mark.

Oh you're 100% correct on DT and SLB in a real life scenario. 

I'm only speaking to the 3rd round picks and who has already been taken in the mock. Of the guys left, or rather likely to be left, I see nothing but reaches at DT and LB being available. Rounds 4-6, different story. 

We took Eichenberg in round 2, where I personally would have gone DT in the first place. Too many decent OTs to jump on a RT on day 1 or early day 2, particularly when you look at how many starting OL guys were later round picks. Not saying it's not a need, but I would've waited til round 3 if I were making the picks. 

9 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Oh you're 100% correct on DT and SLB in a real life scenario. 

I'm only speaking to the 3rd round picks and who has already been taken in the mock. Of the guys left, or rather likely to be left, I see nothing but reaches at DT and LB being available. Rounds 4-6, different story. 

We took Eichenberg in round 2, where I personally would have gone DT in the first place. Too many decent OTs to jump on a RT on day 1 or early day 2, particularly when you look at how many starting OL guys were later round picks. Not saying it's not a need, but I would've waited til round 3 if I were making the picks. 

To be fair, I really like Moehrig and Eichenberg as plug and play starters, there just seems to be a lot of similar rated guys rounds 2 to 3 and in real life I hope we manoeuvre to get maybe 4 or 5 picks in those two rounds. Onwuzirike I would think is an absolute steal if we got this late in real life, might even be tempted to trade up to get him. As you say, SLB there are a few nice options........it's one of those positions that's devalued generally so I'd only ever take one high if they are undeniably a real top notch prospect as some really good players will usually fall. Realistically, all the guys available now will have flaws and obvious things to work on so it's a case of fitting them into the scheme, how we'd use them and if they can be improved. A myriad of options, especially with two consecutive picks 😀

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

To be fair, I really like Moehrig and Eichenberg as plug and play starters, there just seems to be a lot of similar rated guys rounds 2 to 3 and in real life I hope we manoeuvre to get maybe 4 or 5 picks in those two rounds. Onwuzirike I would think is an absolute steal if we got this late in real life, might even be tempted to trade up to get him. As you say, SLB there are a few nice options........it's one of those positions that's devalued generally so I'd only ever take one high if they are undeniably a real top notch prospect as some really good players will usually fall. Realistically, all the guys available now will have flaws and obvious things to work on so it's a case of fitting them into the scheme, how we'd use them and if they can be improved. A myriad of options, especially with two consecutive picks 😀

Great year to do it, imo. With so many guys sitting out or missing large portions of the year, there's sure to be some falls that don't usually happen, thanks to other guys having the opportunity to rise. 

For example, without Rousseau sitting out, does Jaelan Phillips get 1st round attention this year? Not the only example, but one of the most illustrative. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Onwuzirike is gone.  Number of other options though.

Not too surprising, there should still be a starter at SLB on the board or a CB, rotation DE, OG or a DT like Togiai or Wilson or Twyman. My favourite is Cisco...... Though FS has already been picked!

16 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Ambry Thomas CB, Pete Werner OLB, Jaylen Twyman DT, Baron Browning LB, Tommy Togiai DT would be my order

I think Ambry will be available later, and I don't have him at the level of the others.

Baron Browning should absolutely no question be one of the picks imo.  Elijah Molden would probably be the other I'd choose as a slot defender/safety hybrid type.

Togiai, Trey Smith, and Werner are also excellent options.