• Droptellus Bennett
    • Mike Daniels
    • Patrick Lucas
    • Nick Perry
    • John Ulrick
    • Jordy Nelson
    • Jeremy McCray

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Kevin King was the right pick then and now.

Yeah but we could have gotten a Badger, RR or Watt! haha.

Backup OT would have been a terrible idea. I know "we could cut Bulaga bc he's always hurt" or whatever would be the defense but that's just silly.

Just finished watching the first half of the Viking game. Should have been tied at half. If Hundley throws a better pass to Monty, he walks in, 14-14. Very proud of the effort. No one panicked. Just too many injuries in the second half, I guess. With a similar effort in Green Bay, and King and House back, Packers could win this game. 

Things that have to happen, IMHO:

(1) No more injuries!. B&B have to make it through the whole game. Linsley has to play and make it through the whole game. The line is paper thin right now, as is the secondary. Just can't afford to lose anymore players during this game. 

(2) Whatever combination of running backs MM puts out there, they have to accrue at least 100 yards. Need to take the pressure off the passing game. Control the ball, slow the game down,  and keep Brees on the sideline. 

(3) One of House or Randall has to play, and play the whole game along with King. I'm OK with Pipkins in the slot, but not on the boundary, not with Brees throwing the ball.

With those three things and a little luck, the Pack can pull this chestnut out of the fire!

1 minute ago, SassyFascistAlphaGuy said:

If the Packers took RR and King was balling out on another team TT would be crucified on this forum for not addressing the secondary lol

Agreed. Boundary corner in today's NFL is way more important than O-line. Plus, at the time the Packers had Murphy and Spriggs, both promising reserves. Fans would have gone ballistic. 

4 minutes ago, SassyFascistAlphaGuy said:

If the Packers took RR and King was balling out on another team TT would be crucified on this forum for not addressing the secondary lol

Gee, I thought a lot of folks wanted TJ Watt in that last draft.  

The King pick looks fine so far and CB was the biggest need bc TT failed to address the position in the offseason outside of House, who cant play more than 2 weeks without getting hurt so hes not exactly dependable. People thought Randall and Rollins would magically be better (never understood that position) but alas this year has finally shown the doubters that they just plain ol cant play. Packers need to overhaul that position next year and build around King. Get rid of Randall and Rollins and probably House too unless he shows something in these final 10 games. Out of every CB on our roster right now, the only 2 worth keeping IMO are King and maybe, Hawkins. This defense could be night and day better with a few more steady CBs and a DC who isnt trying to teach them calculus out there.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

The King pick looks fine so far and CB was the biggest need bc TT failed to address the position in the offseason outside of House, who cant play more than 2 weeks without getting hurt so hes not exactly dependable. People thought Randall and Rollins would magically be better (never understood that position) but alas this year has finally shown the doubters that they just plain ol cant play. Packers need to overhaul that position next year and build around King. Get rid of Randall and Rollins and probably House too unless he shows something in these final 10 games. Out of every CB on our roster right now, the only 2 worth keeping IMO are King and maybe, Hawkins. This defense could be night and day better with a few more steady CBs and a DC who isnt trying to teach them calculus out there.

Randall and Rollins looked pretty good as rookies so I can understand why folks thought they wouldn't be as bad as they were last year.

I'm not ready to give up on Randall. He has a nose for the ball. I will concede that he is not a great tackler. On the other hand, with House on a one year contract, and Rollins with a torn achilles tendon, the Packers had better be thinking about another corner high in the next draft, also a OLB to rush the passer. Clay isn't getting any younger! This game will be another good test for the young corners, King, Hawkins, Pipkins, (and Randall, if he can play). Is the forecast still for rain?

I'm going to have to listen to how awful Randall is as a tackler for one idiot play that no record exists of anywhere in the NFL database because it was an incredibly obvious and egregious penalty.

If Randall gets injured on an obvious penalty throwing himself into the legs of an offensive lineman, (The two offending free lineman running on a screen) leaving us with a Pipkins/Hawkins/Marwin Evans trio at CB, that would be the single worst outcome for this team.

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm going to have to listen to how awful Randall is as a tackler for one idiot play that no record exists of anywhere in the NFL database because it was an incredibly obvious and egregious penalty.

If Randall gets injured on an obvious penalty throwing himself into the legs of an offensive lineman, (The two offending free lineman running on a screen) leaving us with a Pipkins/Hawkins/Marwin Evans trio at CB, that would be the single worst outcome for this team.

It's been more than one play. He shies from contact habitually, from what I recall anyway. He's not a formidable run defender at position.

2 hours ago, SassyFascistAlphaGuy said:

Steady rain in the forecast. That has to favor GB. Brees trying to sling it 50 times on a wet day vs GB pounds TY and Aaron Jones. Could really help Hundley and the undermanned defense. 

Don't see how Montgomery and Jones are any better than Ingram and Kumara.

These two teams are A LOT alike. 

5 hours ago, SassyFascistAlphaGuy said:

Steady rain in the forecast. That has to favor GB. Brees trying to sling it 50 times on a wet day vs GB pounds TY and Aaron Jones. Could really help Hundley and the undermanned defense. 

Not to sure about that.  The Saints running game is in better shape then the Packers, edge to them.  The key might be the play of the TE's and the short pass game.  Poor weather conditions scares me, that could mean more injuries.  I hope not, come on Pack!!!!  

Archived