Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Forge, all of that is irrelevant because you can apply the same logic to people thinking Mac Jones is the pick this year that was applied to Bosa and Thomas at 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Blue said:

Forge, all of that is irrelevant because you can apply the same logic to people thinking Mac Jones is the pick this year that was applied to Bosa and Thomas at 2.

Except it's not because I wasn't really commenting on your selection of Mac. I was commenting on your reason being the reports. I can understand people mocking Mac to the 49ers and don't have problems with it. 

11 hours ago, Blue said:

Nearly every report is treating Mac Jones to San Francisco as a done deal. Maybe they're pulling everybody's legs and they aren't crazy, but I'm gonna take the bait and assume that's who they're taking until they prove me wrong.

 

You said you were taking the bait...I was ostensibly telling you why you shouldn't. Had nothing to do with the choice of Mac - had to do with believing reports.  If you still want to mock Mac to the 49ers, I have no problem with that. I was expanding your knowledge base with regards to the team and why the reports may not be a reliable indicator of what's going on.

I've never fought the notion that Mac could be a selection. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Except it's not because I wasn't really commenting on your selection of Mac. I was commenting on your reason being the reports. I can understand people mocking Mac to the 49ers and don't have problems with it. 

You said you were taking the bait...I was ostensibly telling you why you shouldn't. Had nothing to do with the choice of Mac - had to do with believing reports.  If you still want to mock Mac to the 49ers, I have no problem with that. I was expanding your knowledge base with regards to the team and why the reports may not be a reliable indicator of what's going on.

I've never fought the notion that Mac could be a selection. 

I think you think I mean something different when I say reports. I am not talking about inside information.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blue said:

I have a good friend who is a Jags fan and he vehemently disagrees with you.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pro-bowl-2021-pffs-selections-for-nfc-afc-pro-bowl-rosters

Guess who is listed by them at linebacker?

Myles jack.  

 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30574842/nfl-pro-bowl-rosters-chiefs-patrick-mahomes-packers-aaron-rodgers-starting-qbs

Jack has thrived since moving back to weakside linebacker this season and at one point was Pro Football Focus' highest-rated outside linebacker. He's two tackles shy of his career high (105) and has two fumble recoveries, a forced fumble and an interception. However, there's no secret to why Robinson and Jack didn't make the Pro Bowl: When your team is 1-13 and has lost 13 consecutive games, you're not going to get much recognition.

 

your friend either didn't watch last year or is a box score scout. 

I Like Collins don't get me wrong but taking him is a luxury pick we can't afford especially after tyson alualu had a change of heart following covid-19. 

Barmore slides right in as a difference making rotation guy.

Rousseau is a bigger project but ur talking a guy who likes like a 4-3 base end and slide inside on passing downs.  He'd be a bigger risk but could use it

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pro-bowl-2021-pffs-selections-for-nfc-afc-pro-bowl-rosters

Guess who is listed by them at linebacker?

Myles jack.  

 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30574842/nfl-pro-bowl-rosters-chiefs-patrick-mahomes-packers-aaron-rodgers-starting-qbs

Jack has thrived since moving back to weakside linebacker this season and at one point was Pro Football Focus' highest-rated outside linebacker. He's two tackles shy of his career high (105) and has two fumble recoveries, a forced fumble and an interception. However, there's no secret to why Robinson and Jack didn't make the Pro Bowl: When your team is 1-13 and has lost 13 consecutive games, you're not going to get much recognition.

 

your friend either didn't watch last year or is a box score scout. 

I Like Collins don't get me wrong but taking him is a luxury pick we can't afford especially after tyson alualu had a change of heart following covid-19. 

Barmore slides right in as a difference making rotation guy.

Rousseau is a bigger project but ur talking a guy who likes like a 4-3 base end and slide inside on passing downs.  He'd be a bigger risk but could use it

My friend watches every week. I trust him a helluva lot more than PFF, which I know for a fact gets stats wrong on nationally televised games. As for the Pro Bowl, it is well-known as a fan-influenced popularity contest that frankly, I don't put a ton of stock into, especially when guys can get credit for "Pro Bowl" seasons when they only get in because of other players dropping out (most commonly among the quarterbacks).

I wouldn't blame JAX for taking Barmore, I think that would be a great pick for them, but I shied away from it because of all the free agency resources they poured into the position this offseason. I currently count 15 guys who could play interior DL for them right now. I know not all of them are making the team, but it's a lot easier to see an inside backer making the roster and contributing early than interior DL.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blue said:

My friend watches every week. I trust him a helluva lot more than PFF, which I know for a fact gets stats wrong on nationally televised games. As for the Pro Bowl, it is well-known as a fan-influenced popularity contest that frankly, I don't put a ton of stock into, especially when guys can get credit for "Pro Bowl" seasons when they only get in because of other players dropping out (most commonly among the quarterbacks).

I wouldn't blame JAX for taking Barmore, I think that would be a great pick for them, but I shied away from it because of all the free agency resources they poured into the position this offseason. I currently count 15 guys who could play interior DL for them right now. I know not all of them are making the team, but it's a lot easier to see an inside backer making the roster and contributing early than interior DL.

We have 7/8 inside linebackers already.  It's pretty telling that urban and balke decided to not really do any transactions involving linebackers. We claimed some random guy from the bucs and we signed a real vet to backup lb.  We have 2 recent picks behind him so there's 5 ilbs not including a waiver pickup guy and an udfa guy who was on the ps last year. There's also a guy I'm not sure where they want to play him(he closed out the year as a sam in the 4-3.

 

Your making yourself look bad saying there's 15 guys u count that can play interior dl for us.

We don't even have 15 on the roster. 

The dl group is missing a true difference maker. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2021 at 10:09 AM, Blue said:

20. Chicago Bears - Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson

A bit of a reach in terms of positional value but David Montgomery has yet to prove himself as a dynamic starter, while Andy Dalton is not going to push this offense over the top. The Bears need some speed in their offense and Etienne can provide home-run talent.

SsLkoMZ.gif?noredirect

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

We have 7/8 inside linebackers already.  It's pretty telling that urban and balke decided to not really do any transactions involving linebackers. We claimed some random guy from the bucs and we signed a real vet to backup lb.  We have 2 recent picks behind him so there's 5 ilbs not including a waiver pickup guy and an udfa guy who was on the ps last year. There's also a guy I'm not sure where they want to play him(he closed out the year as a sam in the 4-3.

 

Your making yourself look bad saying there's 15 guys u count that can play interior dl for us.

We don't even have 15 on the roster. 

The dl group is missing a true difference maker. 

 

Adam Gotsis, Aaron Lynch, Josh Mauro, Roy Robertson-Harris, Jihad Ward, Malcom Brown, Taven Bryan, Doug Costin, Carl Davis, Daniel Ekuale, DaVon Hamilton, Abry Jones, Caraun Reid, Daniel Ross, Al Woods. That is 15. Now, I'm going off what ESPN is listing as your roster, so some of those guys may not still be on the team (I know they still have Takkarist McKinley with the Raiders), but I'm pretty sure Jacksonville is gonna carry at least six of those guys into 2021 barring some real surprising cuts.

20 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

SsLkoMZ.gif?noredirect

lol, people really think David Montgomery is more than a backup at this point? geez, watch a real team for a change instead of your local embearrassment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blue said:

lol, people really think David Montgomery is more than a backup at this point? geez, watch a real team for a change instead of your local embearrassment.

Okay...sure. 😉

I like "embearrasment" though. Totally going to steal that. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2021 at 11:09 AM, Blue said:

5. Cincinnati Bengals - Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

I expect the Bengals to do the right thing in the end and take the franchise left tackle over the offensive weapons.

The second round OL are much better than the second round WRs. Give me Chase. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

The second round OL are much better than the second round WRs. Give me Chase. 

You don't even know which receivers will be there in the second round.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

The second round OL are much better than the second round WRs. Give me Chase. 

Of course, it's also easier to find receivers in general

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...