Even more lazily slapped together Regular Season OT

Thelonebillsfan

22 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

No, but Baseball continually attacking its stars and crapping all over itself is the root of the story. They can change the baseball year in and year out and that’s ok, but because rumors are swirling about a sticky substance that’s a major story? Pitchers have been doctoring balls since forever and now it’s an issue? 

If this was a one off that’s a different story, but I’m sick and tired of baseball only being in the news because of negative connotations. There’s always something. 

In regards to the situation, i like what Pete Alonso had to say tbqh. 

MLB is a slave to their demographics. All this reactionary outrage stuff is just Manfred bending the knee to Facebook comment sections.

26 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

No, but Baseball continually attacking its stars and crapping all over itself is the root of the story. They can change the baseball year in and year out and that’s ok, but because rumors are swirling about a sticky substance that’s a major story? Pitchers have been doctoring balls since forever and now it’s an issue? 

If this was a one off that’s a different story, but I’m sick and tired of baseball only being in the news because of negative connotations. There’s always something. 

In regards to the situation, i like what Pete Alonso had to say tbqh. 

It’s gotten worse, though, as far as I know. Maybe I’m wrong, but from what I’ve seen/heard/read guys are going way overboard with it. And even trying out new even stickier things to use on the ball. 

3 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

It’s gotten worse, though, as far as I know. Maybe I’m wrong, but from what I’ve seen/heard/read guys are going way overboard with it. And even trying out new even stickier things to use on the ball. 

I believe it, but what did the MLB expect when they whored out for home runs. They kept making it hotter friendly, of course pitchers are going to try to take it into their own hands. If you can use rosin bags, sunscreen etc, where does the line get drawn? 

3 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

MLB is a slave to their demographics. All this reactionary outrage stuff is just Manfred bending the knee to Facebook comment sections.

Manfred is a joke. I know Adam Silver gets a lot of crap around these parts, but he always comes across as pro player, and pro marketing his stars. Which is rare as someone who is employed by the owners.

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff said:

I believe it, but what did the MLB expect when they whored out for home runs. They kept making it hotter friendly, of course pitchers are going to try to take it into their own hands. If you can use rosin bags, sunscreen etc, where does the line get drawn? 

I think that is what has to be made clear. If you asked me, that is the line. Honestly, rosin is the line for me, that's it, but I don't know how you can outlaw sunscreen.

6 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I think that is what has to be made clear. If you asked me, that is the line. Honestly, rosin is the line for me, that's it, but I don't know how you can outlaw sunscreen.

Yep. I just think pitchers are at such a disadvantage in today’s game that targeting them is absurd. But I get it. They want more offense.

Glasnow puts a lot of great points out there. They probably should have started the crackdown after the season was over. Do I think he tore his UCL because he didn't use sunscreen? No, but I'm not a doctor either, so it's possible, I guess. I just think the MLB was in a tough spot, tbh.

I think we should just blame Bauer. He started all this.

• Like 1