Extra Innings

mission27

This runner on second rule is an absolute ******* disgrace.  It should've been left in the plague season.  Its honestly the worst thing to happen in the last two years which is really saying something. 

Why are we making rules that allow flea teams to score runs in extra innings using BS tactics like bunts?  Seriously a bunt and a sac fly now has the same effect as a dinger did in extra innings for the entire history of baseball.  Does anyone honestly think that's ok?

I would support a labor stoppage if that's what it takes to get rid of this horse ****.  

Edited by mission27
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, fraziafraze07 said:

I'm all for rules that prevent games from dragging out long into extras during the regular season. Not sure what the best way to do it would be, but this is not the way to accomplish it.  Heck, I'd prefer ties to this nonsense. 

Bring the runner on in the 12th inning instead of the first extra frame. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Bring the runner on in the 12th inning instead of the first extra frame. 

Pssshhh... HR derby. If we can do shootouts in other sports, then why not

• Like 1

I thought that rule was only for COVID? What the heck? Better not be permanent. One of the best things about Baseball is you'll get a 17 inning game every now and then which is awesome. And the injury risk isn't anywhere close to Football/Basketball. 

3 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Extra innings making the game longer isn't a bad thing. It's free baseball and you're free to leave if you want to.

Unnecessary dead time is a bad thing and we need to actually enforce pitch clocks and batters-stay-in-box rules.

Pretty sure it is a bad thing. Baseballs changing, people can get used to it or feel free to no longer watch.

46 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Total waste of a post. Are you this snarky in real life?

sometimes. But you realize i essentially said the same thing you did, but took the opposite stance. so if you feel like my reply was snarky, uh...

Its simply a matter of preference. Theres no real right side, but it does appear as the rule is here to stay. So get used to it hopefully, or in your words, feel free to leave.

20 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

sometimes. But you realize i essentially said the same thing you did, but took the opposite stance. so if you feel like my reply was snarky, uh...

Its simply a matter of preference. Theres no real right side, but it does appear as the rule is here to stay. So get used to it hopefully, or in your words, feel free to leave.

Pretty sure he meant you don't have to stay through all the extra innings, not leave watching baseball period

• Like 1