Last HB Mock Draft of Pandemic

Humble_Beast

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The fact that he had back surgery last off-season, sat out the entire season, and recently had another back surgery is a major red flag. 

That injury scares me at 17 overall.  Who knows how severe his back injury really is without an expert opinion but it's scary nonetheless.    

I would say that if Horn and Surtain are gone at 17 we need to look elsewhere.  I am not sold on taking a RT that high, now if we needed a LT to protect Carr's blindside that would be a different story but we just signed Miller to a long term deal so the front office believes he is a bookend LT.  This is a deep tackle class and I believe value can be found in the 2nd and beyond.  

What do I mean by looking elsewhere?  Parsons would be a good option or an Edge rusher would pose good value at 17 based off of what I have seen.  

1. Parsons, Horn, Surtain

2. Eichberg, Marshall, Holland or DT

3. Cisco, DT. OG, CB

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

1. Parsons, Horn, Surtain

2. Eichberg, Marshall, Holland or DT

3. Cisco, DT. OG, CB

I love how every rookie CB, including Jeff Okudah who was considered a can't miss prospect, struggled last season. Yet you expect a new rookie CB to come in and be a lock down guy from day 1.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I love how every rookie CB, including Jeff Okudah who was considered a can't miss prospect, struggled last season. Yet you expect a new rookie CB to come in and be a lock down guy from day 1.

Rookie CB is really hard to play. Plus one of our current guys could take the next step (Robertson/Johnson/Arnette/etc.)

I don't mind drafting a rookie CB, but I think day 2 is the time to do it. Probably at 79/80 along with LB potentially.

I'd rather take a defensive end like Kwity Paye who can contribute year 1 and grow into their upside, than take another rookie CB round 1.

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Almost all rookie CBs struggle. And AJ Terrell, Jaylon Johnson, and that 4th Round Rookie CB on the Chiefs all has very solid seasons. 

I'd have Farley off the board. When the scheme can get a lot out of long zone DBs I wouldn't reach for a DB.

Wouldn't even bother drafting Rousseau either. Just don't like that him at all. Don't see him working out at all.

Spencer Brown, I ike the idea of him so much more then the tape, He wouldn't be able to start this year at all  I wouldn't hate it if we get a starter in FA.  We need a long armed tackle to fit what Cable likes, wonder if he goes for Walker Little or D'Ante Smith.  

Jay Tufele for me is going to be an average rotatinal DT. No better then what we have, just get a true 1tec 

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

When did I ever say I expect him to be a lockdown CB from day 1? I've said he has the potential to be a lockdown number 1 but I have never said that he is a finished product and can go toe to toe with Julio Jones day 1.  There will be a learning curve but he has the game and physical tools to be the lockdown #1 that we have lacked for a very long time.  

Is Horn considered a "can't miss" prospect?  I haven't read that.  I've seen him projected to go mid to end of the 1st round.  At the end of the day I say he goes mid first.

due to Farley health concerns; I'm changing up this mock draft. Maybe the draft simulator was a stretch 

R1: Micah Parsons LB- I think he drops, and he becomes our new leader on defense. We could use a bad *** LB with all pro potential 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/micah-parsons/32005041-5275-3418-9a2d-9826287ee445

R2:Walker Little RT- there might be a run of tackles in the 2nd round. Risky to wait, I'll take my chances on Walker. He could easily be a first rounder if he played last season, his ceiling is high and a system fit 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/walker-little/32004c49-5474-1587-dfff-71780dbf1ffe

R3: Robert Rochell CB- this prospect could complete the corner overhaul. He is a system fit who can challenge to start from Day 1. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/robert-rochell/3200524f-4317-4205-2ef5-3842925c4c60

R3:Jay Tufele IDL, USC- early in the draft process I liked him as a late first rounder. He is an elite athlete, who demanded a double team in college. I like him as NT in the pros, and he can actually be a NT who generates some pressure. We could save money by letting Hankins walk, could provide depth as a rookie. 3rd is a sweet spot for a NT, attack the defense with more talent. YET AGAIN

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jay-tufele/32005455-4610-3822-e3e9-dc3d8ed22b4d

R4: Deonte Brown IOL, Alabama - attacking the trenches again with another solid prospect.  Good might be a shortt term answer at RG, Brown mauled people in SEC. a few different options for an interior prospect. Brown dropped in this mock and likely to go in late 3rd-4th but could be a Gabe long term replacement. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/deonte-brown/32004252-4f39-0022-a3c9-a9993b5cf6ac

R5: James Wiggins FS - he can play single high, one of my sleepers 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/james-wiggins/32005749-4718-3928-a5b0-7d61455c3980

R5: Caden Sterns S, Texas - I prolly get roasted for waiting to draft a Safety. I really like Stearns on day 3. I just would rather go BPA to help the defense and then take care of the trenches over reaching for a need. Stearns has range, and was highly regarded at one time. He battles injuries and play a bit inconsistent. I'll take a shot on him

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/caden-sterns/32005354-4556-9819-8045-ee676cf6baa3

R6: Josh Ball OT, Marshall - We would currently only have 3 OTs: Miller, 3rd Rounder, Parker. Parker is in the last year of his deal, and probably walk for a chance to start somewhere in 2022. Josh Bell could provide depth as a developmental Swing tackle. He actually has starting LT potential, but has character concerns. Can't go wrong with OL depth.  went with a good prospect, willingly to go BPA with the last draft spot.  

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/josh-ball/32004241-4c50-1948-d003-0543c0165523

Edited by Humble_Beast

On 4/12/2021 at 3:19 PM, BayRaider said:

Almost all rookie CBs struggle. And AJ Terrell, Jaylon Johnson, and that 4th Round Rookie CB on the Chiefs all has very solid seasons. 

Exactly, so why spend another high pick on one when he's likely to struggle next season? And we just invested two high picks on CB's in Mullen/Arnette...

On 4/12/2021 at 1:56 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Rookie CB is really hard to play. Plus one of our current guys could take the next step (Robertson/Johnson/Arnette/etc.)

The funny thing is if we take a CB round 1 he'll likely struggle as a rookie and people will be saying CB is a need again next year. 

On 4/12/2021 at 7:33 AM, Frankie2Gunz said:

That injury scares me at 17 overall.  Who knows how severe his back injury really is without an expert opinion but it's scary nonetheless.    

The injury was serious enough that it has required two surgeries and he hasn't even played football in between them.