Raiders sign Karl Joseph

Nightmare

Just now, NYRaider said:

KNJ has similar philosophies as Bradley and KJ wasn't very good playing for him. 

Similar but definitely not the same. For example he uses way more split safety. I am also watching the press conference right now and when asked about Gus Bradley he said he played in a similar defense in Cleveland(Didn't mention Oakland or Ken Norton Jr (which implies that they're different).

had a short press conference almost simultaneous with the signing being reported... he didnt get into any details about his FS/SS role. he gave the generic "i'll do whatever they ask to help the team win." he mentioned wanting to play with abram again to "push each other, and compete"... so from those comments it doesnt seem entirely obvious that he's expecting to primarily focus on FS. then again, we dont have anybody else that could fill that role right now

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He’ll take Abrams job at SS during the season. Abram was easily a Bottom 3 starter at Safety in the entire league last year. 

I hold all judgment on Abram until mid season tbh. Hoping that the failure and new coaching he will get will get him to turn around things. 

• Like 1

Just now, Turnobili said:

had a short press conference almost simultaneous with the signing being reported... he didnt get into any details about his FS/SS role. he gave the generic "i'll do whatever they ask to help the team win." he mentioned wanting to play with abram again to "push each other, and compete"... so from those comments it doesnt seem entirely obvious that he's expecting to primarily focus on FS. then again, we dont have anybody else that could fill that role right now

Right. I caught that too. My thing is if they're just bringing them in as another box safety it's a bad move but if they're bringing him in to play single high, I think he translates to that better in the NFL when he was coming out of college. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

KNJ has similar philosophies as Bradley and KJ wasn't very good playing for him. 

KNJ was a linebackers coach, i dont know how married he was to the LoB cover 3 system. didnt appear obvious from his time here. i think Del Rio was holding his hand quite a bit

Edited by Turnobili