Raiders sign Karl Joseph

Nightmare

15 hours ago, reddevil said:

I think Miller is at least above average. I agree with what you are saying principally, but to have a describe Miller as average does him a disservice. He’s already a very good tackle and has the potential to become a consistent top 10 player at one of the most important positions. 

He's a middle of the pack (average) LT when comparing LTs around the league. He is very good, will get better but currently average in my book. It's not a knock on him, I think he can keep growing into that top 10 range. 

On 4/16/2021 at 12:27 PM, Roninho said:

Yep. Wrong players and probably in some cases also we not being the best spot for these players as well 

Yeah.... not to make excuses but we haven’t had great luck with draft order. Example: missed out on Q.Williams and settled for Ferrell, last year there was a significant talent drop after 17 and Picked 19.

On 4/16/2021 at 2:37 PM, big_palooka said:

I don't understand drafting a 3T with 4 on the roster already 

I agree... let the guys we got fight it out and then make decisions on who stays next year.  It’s not like Barmore is this once in a few year prospect.  There will be better options next year.

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah.... not to make excuses but we haven’t had great luck with draft order. Example: missed out on Q.Williams and settled for Ferrell, last year there was a significant talent drop after 17 and Picked 19.

Definitely. But that's when you have to know to move up to get the guys. If the Raiders feel like there's a huge talent drop, they should move up to secure their guy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Definitely. But that's when you have to know to move up to get the guys. If the Raiders feel like there's a huge talent drop, they should move up to secure their guy.

exactly.... we should have traded up or down .... I don’t buy the “no teams wanted to trade up” excuse.... someone will always want to trade up you just might have to give a discount.

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Smokescreen

Yeah we’re not exactly gonna announce we’re desperate to fill FS and RT.  When Mayock says we like how a UDFA performer in practice it’s normally be a massive bluff, then sheik we did that exact thing with Andre James.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I was looking more at the part where Jospeh was brought in as Abram insurance. Meaning he's being looked at SS not FS like many thought.

I'm pretty happy to have Joseph and Heath on board as they're both pretty versatile and solid vets. Abram is a big question mark of course but we really do need to add a centre fielder ball hawk type to finish the group off IMO and then we'd have a really solid, malleable group. 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I was looking more at the part where Jospeh was brought in as Abram insurance. Meaning he's being looked at SS not FS like many thought.

Well at least I'm comfortable with Joseph being the primary backup when Abram takes himself (others) out. Here's hoping no Leavitt.

On 4/22/2021 at 2:28 PM, big_palooka said:

Heath actually played decent last season. In Dallas he was used almost exclusively as a box safety IIRC, but played a good amount of FS for us last year. With Joseph, IIRC, his snaps over his career have been like 50/50 SS and FS. Which is nice to have as a third safety because he can play either spot in a pinch if needed.