Raiders sign Karl Joseph

Nightmare

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

That 4.9 second 40 yard dash speed right there.  Guy was getting burnt every game.

QB would look him off for a second and he was done.  I do not know how many times I have watched the full field view of a game and tried to figure out where he was going as the CB thought he had help over the top.  He was good when he was younger and I liked that he would take some chances but him and the other DBs where not on the same page most of the time.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'll never forget when we drafted Obi though, I thought Obi/Karl were the next Earl/Kam.

I have to admit Obi had me fooled too.  I would always wonder why Reggie was still out there after we drafted him.

Edited by drfrey13

Just now, NYRaider said:

Joseph, Obi, and Conley were supposed to be the next LOB.

Conley was the Legion of Cover.  HIs name should never be mentioned with anything regarding blowing someone up unless it is Abram's leg.  Hardest hit he was ever involved was him getting hit.

Wow, 20+ pages on a Karl Joseph signing. I love Raider Nation.

I for one am a fan of this signing. I was a huge Joseph supporter coming out and was ecstatic when we drafted him. I thought he was really finding his game too before breaking his foot. At the worst he'll be a solid rotational guy. Can't really hate on this signing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

No excuses for Bradley we have 3 young former 1st round picks and a young early second round pick in Arnette, Abram, Joseph, and Mullen. Needs to turn these boys into the LOB V 2.0.

Another silly take. You’ve really been on one of late.

There’s every chance that Arnette and Abram are just bad players. I sure hope not - but it’s possible. Joseph is a depth signing and will mean we hopefully don’t unnecessarily reach for a S. Mullen hopefully progresses into a solid starter.

Bradley didn’t draft them. He didn’t pick them higher than they should’ve been picked. He wasn’t part of the organisation when those moves were made. And it’s ‘no excuses’ if he isn’t able to turn these guys he had no part in choosing into the the equivalent of the best defensive back unit in recent memory?!?

23 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Another silly take. You’ve really been on one of late.

There’s every chance that Arnette and Abram are just bad players. I sure hope not - but it’s possible. Joseph is a depth signing and will mean we hopefully don’t unnecessarily reach for a S. Mullen hopefully progresses into a solid starter.

Bradley didn’t draft them. He didn’t pick them higher than they should’ve been picked. He wasn’t part of the organisation when those moves were made. And it’s ‘no excuses’ if he isn’t able to turn these guys he had no part in choosing into the the equivalent of the best defensive back unit in recent memory?!?

It was a joke.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I hope Bradley is able to turn the defense around, I just think we're lack talent at all 3 levels still. 

I think the defense is just missing 1 or 2 impact players at key spots. I actually feel like we have playmakers at LB. They just need the DL to help them out more.

If we can find a guy who can REALLY rush from inside (or Hurst takes the next step), that will elevate this defense. Same goes for a smart centerfielder who can actually create turnovers.