Raiders sign Karl Joseph

Nightmare

Just now, drfrey13 said:

Depends on the role you want them to fill.  I would go with Joseph but he will make more mistakes than Harris and at the same time make more impact plays.

Neither guy is a good starting caliber safety. They're both just alright and likely backups for most teams. Ideally we'll still add a safety in the draft.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Harris is honestly better.

In no way, shape or form is Harris better than Joseph. You are going to laughable extremes to downplay Joseph now. No one claimed he'd be a Pro Bowler or an All Pro but no one in their right mind can think Harris is better surely?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

In no way, shape or form is Harris better than Joseph. You are going to laughable extremes to downplay Joseph now. No one claimed he'd be a Pro Bowler or an All Pro but no one in their right mind can think Harris is better surely?

Agreed Joseph is better than Harris. Harris is a better ballhawk, but that’s the only thing he does well. Harris has the worst Single-High I’ve ever seen. 

Hopefully the team thinks of him as a worst case scenario starter, and doesn't feel desperation to waste a top pick on a position that simply isn't impactful.  Not unless the player is generational.  And I haven't heard Reed or Thomas comparisons with anyone this year. 

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Harris was comfortably our worst starter last year. I’m trying to think of the last time Joseph was considered anywhere near as much of a liability as Harris.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Harris was comfortably our worst starter last year. I’m trying to think of the last time Joseph was considered anywhere near as much of a liability as Harris.

I thought this went without saying objectively but whenever Erik Harris was on the field it was like we only had 10 guys on defense

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed Joseph is better than Harris. Harris is a better ballhawk, but that’s the only thing he does well. Harris has the worst Single-High I’ve ever seen. 

Seriously not trying to nitpick you at all...: but I don’t think Harris is a ballhawk.... he’s just a good opportunist who is good at catching overthrown balls.  The guy wasn’t  driving on balls and making athletic plays.... he was sitting back and caught some balls thrown right to him.  The only INT he had that he actually “caused” was the one vs Indy.

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Seriously not trying to nitpick you at all...: but I don’t think Harris is a ballhawk.... he’s just a good opportunist who is good at catching overthrown balls.  The guy wasn’t  driving on balls and making athletic plays.... he was sitting back and caught some balls thrown right to him.  The only INT he had that he actually “caused” was the one vs Indy.

Good awareness and good hands then? Joseph drops almost all picks. I mean I'm completely with you Harris is absolutely terrible, just trying to give the man credit on something lol. Joseph would be a better starter at FS than Harris. Although Joseph is still a below-average starter in this league. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Good awareness and good hands then? Joseph drops almost all picks. I mean I'm completely with you Harris is absolutely terrible, just trying to give the man credit on something lol. Joseph would be a better starter at FS than Harris. Although Joseph is still a below-average starter in this league. 

Basically yeah.... I’m with ya.... Harris isn’t a bad player.... I’m a big supporter of his... great story, was a “True Raider”, seems like a good man...

he’s just a bad starter.  That’s on the team’s FO for not getting a starter and forcing him into the lineup.

• Like 1