Raiders sign Karl Joseph

Nightmare

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Surtain obviously. Apparently you missed the entire point of that conversation. It wasn't that I think Nixon is better than Sutrain. It's that it wasn't as absurd as you want to make it out for someone suggesting it. 

It's all projections. If someone would have ranked Fred Warner over Mike McGlinchey 2 years ago, everyone would have scoffed. Now look where they are at?

Point was... easy to scoff at these suggestions, but high rated picks bust all the time. And unheralded  picks shine from time to time.

I was just messing with you. Hahahaha 

But then again, by that standard you just gave, nobody can use the term reach. 

Edited by Jeremy408

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It's all projections. If someone would have ranked Fred Warner over Mike McGlinchey 2 years ago, everyone would have scoffed. Now look where they are at?

I'll never forget how upset people were that we missed McGlinchey because of the coin toss at the combine and ended up with Kolton Miller. 

9 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

That's only because we drafted the wrong players. For example, we could have drafted Tre'Davious White (went 27) instead of Conley (at 24).

Yep. Wrong players and probably in some cases also we not being the best spot for these players as well 

18 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I'm not a fan of Barmore. Been vocal all offseason. I still keep looking for something to wow me and I don't see it. 

I do not think he would be BPA or a great value but I would not be mad about the pick.  He has the ability to turn the switch on.  I do not think he has a high floor but he has a decently high ceiling for a player at 17 and I do think he has less impact than you would expect year 1.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I do not think he would be BPA or a great value but I would not be mad about the pick.  He has the ability to turn the switch on.  I do not think he has a high floor but he has a decently high ceiling for a player at 17 and I do think he has less impact than you would expect year 1.

I don't understand drafting a 3T with 4 on the roster already 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I don't understand drafting a 3T with 4 on the roster already 

Because I think he will be better than all 4.  Not that draft picks are a sure thing but all 4 currently on the roster have red flags.  The fact that we have 4 shows me they do not have a lot of confidence in any of them either.  Quinton Jefferson looks like the most likely choice but he has always been a rotational DT.  Nobody knows with any level of certainty who will start next to Hankins this year.  We have to many positions this year that are without a clear starter.  FS, DT, WR #1-3, C, and SLB.  This does not take into account the 3-4 injuries that are sure to take place.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah he would've looked great hanging out on the sideline passing out water bottles the last two seasons. It's a shame that he hasn't been able to stay healthy.

If we would've picked James the narrative flip would be hilarious. People would be livid that we chose a S that cannot stay healthy while Miller is already signed to a second contract and has played all but 2 games since being drafted. Miller > James all day. 

50 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

If we would've picked James the narrative flip would be hilarious. People would be livid that we chose a S that cannot stay healthy while Miller is already signed to a second contract and has played all but 2 games since being drafted. Miller > James all day. 

Can't really compare the situation. If the Raiders draft James, maybe he doesn't get injured here. Totally different circumstances.

Happy with Miller. But he's an average LT. I'll take an all-pro player over him every time. 

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Can't really compare the situation. If the Raiders draft James, maybe he doesn't get injured here. Totally different circumstances.

Happy with Miller. But he's an average LT. I'll take an all-pro player over him every time. 

I think Miller is at least above average. I agree with what you are saying principally, but to have a describe Miller as average does him a disservice. He’s already a very good tackle and has the potential to become a consistent top 10 player at one of the most important positions. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, reddevil said:

I think Miller is at least above average. I agree with what you are saying principally, but to have a describe Miller as average does him a disservice. He’s already a very good tackle and has the potential to become a consistent top 10 player at one of the most important positions. 

What I think many are forgetting in the Miller James argument is that we also had the opportunity to draft Minkah Fitzpatrick.  Then Parker in the 3rd makes more sense and he can play on the left.  I like Miller but Fitzpatrick is an impact player at a position we need.  Could have ran him with Joseph and maybe we do not draft Abram.

7 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

To be honest i dont think so. Imo probably more a case of us now praying he could stay healthy.

A healthy James would be massive for our D. But im happy with Miller. 

12 hours ago, reddevil said:

Miller is probably the best young LT in the NFL. The man it's only 25 years old.

• Like 1