FS: Joseph

61PaMW8fTpL._AC_SX466_.jpg

CB1: Mullen

CB2: Stokes (R2)

NCB: Arnette

FS: Rookie

SS: Rotation of three guys

Tried to salvage it best I could....

Not gonna be a strong group no matter what. 

Thats pretty much the telling part. He went to a new team and they even put him at SS in the box. Like you are who you're. KJ just needs to stay healthy and he could find himself on the final roster and get some playing time. 

Edited by agarcia34

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

He definitely can't cover TE's That's where most of our view come from him as a 205 pound 510 safety that was used to cover TE. I actually don't see where you get that he doesn't have the range to play single high safety(But of course I'm always open to being shown) 

His coverage grades according to PFF:

2020 - 48.4

2019 - 64.7

2018 - 68.0

2017 - 56.5

2016 - 71.1

When has Joseph ever shown the ability to play in single high? He has played almost exclusively at SS in the NFL. We let him walk in free agency last year and the Browns let him walk in free agency this year while replacing him with a high priced FA in JJ3. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

CB1: Mullen

CB2: Stokes (R2)

NCB: Arnette

FS: Rookie

SS: Rotation of three guys

Tried to salvage it best I could....

Not gonna be a strong group no matter what. 

Thats a weird way to spell Greg Newsome hahaha 

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He played some FS in college and was good at it. He played well deep vs the Chiefs IIRC. I think he's a fine player. Just needs to not be in man coverage, which I don't think Bradley's scheme would demand a lot from him.

Playing FS in the Big 12 6 years ago and playing FS in single high in the NFL are completely different. The fact that we let him walk in free agency a year ago and had more faith in Erik Harris says a lot.

im not sold that they're shooing him into the single high FS role, but then that begs the question of why they'd bring him in when they ostensibly still like Abram and already have Heath as the backup. if they wanted to make a signing in the secondary, it only makes sense that they'd pick up a FS candidate (or a veteran corner)

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Playing FS in the Big 12 6 years ago and playing FS in single high in the NFL are completely different. The fact that we let him walk in free agency a year ago and had more faith in Erik Harris says a lot.

Not really to the bolded. It says more about our coaching staff lmao.

He has pretty good range. I've always remembered that. He plays fast and can play zone coverage. And he doesn't miss a lot of tackles. That's all you need to play single high.

1 minute ago, Turnobili said:

im not sold that they're shooing him into the single high FS role, but then that begs the question of why they'd bring him in when they ostensibly still like Abram and already have Heath as the backup. if they wanted to make a signing in the secondary, it only makes sense that they'd pick up a FS candidate (or a veteran corner)

How many of the personnel decisions that Gruden/Mayock have made are logical or practical? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Turnobili said:

I don't think so either. But I think he could do it serviceably. I'd rather have Moehrig or Grant, but he's a fine contingency plan.

Joseph’s talent level is essentially that of a rotational depth player in the league, but in our mess of a secondary that means there’s a good chance he’ll be starting at SS.

I’d certainly rather it was him than Abram anyway, so from that point of view it’s an upgrade. Underwhelming, though.

Really can’t see him playing at FS so that hole still feels unfilled.

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Not really to the bolded. It says more about our coaching staff lmao.

He has pretty good range. I've always remembered that. He plays fast and can play zone coverage. And he doesn't miss a lot of tackles. That's all you need to play single high.

He wasn't very good in Cleveland last year either though and they let him walk while replacing him with a high priced FA. 

He struggled in coverage last season and lost the starting SS spot to Ronnie Harrison. Then Harrison got hurt and Joseph came back into the starting lineup. Everyone that covers the Browns said he was average at best in coverage last season.