News/Info on current WFT Players

ARTMONK HOF

On 11/16/2021 at 7:34 PM, turtle28 said:

Charles Leno has been a good signing, they need to extend him.

The oline will be interesting this offseason.  Flowers, Lucas, Leno, Scherff all technically gone.  Hopefully we don't waste another penny on Scherff.  Leno would likely be a better investment at least he is solid.  But one thing is for sure, we aren't bringing them all back and likely 2 of those 4 max.  

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

The oline will be interesting this offseason.  Flowers, Lucas, Leno, Scherff all technically gone.  Hopefully we don't waste another penny on Scherff.  Leno would likely be a better investment at least he is solid.  But one thing is for sure, we aren't bringing them all back and likely 2 of those 4 max.  

I think we should definitely re-sign Flowers & Leno. First year playing together and they’ve developed good chemistry on the left side. We had a discussion two off-seasons ago in here whether we should re-sign Flowers after he played well for us at guard in 2019 & then franchise/trade Scherff last off-season, I think most of the forum wanted to do that, I wish we had. 

I think with Lucas it’s up to him tbh. I’m sure Rivera would like to re-sign him to a 2-year extension like we signed him to in the 2020 off-season but, he might be able to win a starting job for some other teams at RT, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves for that chance.

If we lose Lucas, we’re going to need to sign another back up swing tackle type or a back up guard or draft one of those positions in the mid round. We do still have Keith Ismael to back up C/G, but we’ll need to re-sign Tyler Larsen too. Saahdiq Charles seems like he could back up for every OL spot but center, but obviously we need more than just 7 OL. 😂 

5 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Well there is a clean out on his contract this season and then it is a 10M 1 year deal.  Flowers has been good this year, but great for 3M.  10M changes the equation.

Good point . So he is essentially a  F A next year. Missed that ☹️

7 hours ago, offbyone said:

Well there is a clean out on his contract this season and then it is a 10M 1 year deal.  Flowers has been good this year, but great for 3M.  10M changes the equation.

Yeah but what does a hole at Lg look like? All we have to do is go back to the days before Flowers to know and it wasn’t pretty, or to the late 2000s, again not pretty. Just pay for him to stay. Losing Flowers & Scherff in the same off-season sounds like an awful decision.

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

My prayers answered -been calling for a legit kick returrner for years !

Yeah man, all of us but you’ve been leading the charge. I really wanted Steven Sims to be that guy but he had butterfingers which plagued him and cost us last year. I’m so grateful for Carter. I hope we re-sign him, honestly, they should extend him now and some of the other guys on one year deals who are playing well like McKissic, Cam Sims, Leno, RSJ, Lucas and try to get something done w/ Terry & Tim Settle before they all become FAs.

Edited by turtle28

On 11/18/2021 at 2:17 AM, turtle28 said:

I think we should definitely re-sign Flowers & Leno. First year playing together and they’ve developed good chemistry on the left side. We had a discussion two off-seasons ago in here whether we should re-sign Flowers after he played well for us at guard in 2019 & then franchise/trade Scherff last off-season, I think most of the forum wanted to do that, I wish we had. 

I think with Lucas it’s up to him tbh. I’m sure Rivera would like to re-sign him to a 2-year extension like we signed him to in the 2020 off-season but, he might be able to win a starting job for some other teams at RT, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves for that chance.

If we lose Lucas, we’re going to need to sign another back up swing tackle type or a back up guard or draft one of those positions in the mid round. We do still have Keith Ismael to back up C/G, but we’ll need to re-sign Tyler Larsen too. Saahdiq Charles seems like he could back up for every OL spot but center, but obviously we need more than just 7 OL. 😂 

Luckily this OL class is full up and I think we spend multiple picks on the OL this year. That said it really depends on how we finish the season. If we compete their going to resign guys and draft them. If we fall off on play on the line then they may choose to infuse it with youth and coach them up. 

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Luckily this OL class is full up and I think we spend multiple picks on the OL this year. That said it really depends on how we finish the season. If we compete their going to resign guys and draft them. If we fall off on play on the line then they may choose to infuse it with youth and coach them up. 

Ismael doesn’t seem to be progressing. They used Schweitzer as the 3rd man up at Center. You can never have enough quality OL as we have found out in years past. 

• Like 1

Just now, ARTMONK HOF said:

Ismael doesn’t seem to be progressing. They used Schweitzer as the 3rd man up at Center. You can never have enough quality OL as we have found out in years past. 

Exactly I think it’s time we invest and get our core OL for the future here and building. As you said depth is super critical and I am happy with what we’re seeing and what their getting out of guys but I think we should really improve. We are a much better offense when we’re dominating the ground. I think the best way to improve that is to get better and younger up front