Eric's quick 1 round mock (No trades)

Eric dunn

11 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Bengals are likely to take Chase at this point.  Sewell is in the picture (my choice) but there haven't been any links to Pitts at this point.

And they very well might be taking Chase. But I guess I felt like Sample/Uzomah wasn’t a good enough combo of TE’s to pass on a generational one. I think Higgins is on the way to being a very good player, but yeah I could see chase. 

as far as Sewell. I considered in that they took Jonah Williams in the 1st recently to play LT, and signed Reiff to start at RT. But he also makes sense. 

34 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

And they very well might be taking Chase. But I guess I felt like Sample/Uzomah wasn’t a good enough combo of TE’s to pass on a generational one. I think Higgins is on the way to being a very good player, but yeah I could see chase. 

as far as Sewell. I considered in that they took Jonah Williams in the 1st recently to play LT, and signed Reiff to start at RT. But he also makes sense. 

Chase makes a ton of sense since we play a ton of 11 personnel (also reducing the impact of Pitts) and outside of Higgins and Boyd, we have a few role players at WR, none of which are field stretchers or starters.

4 hours ago, Eric dunn said:

I considered those options, but also considered the fact that Brown is gone. Beasley is not the youngest. And if Diggs were to get dinged up, there’s not a lot else. But CB was my next option. 

We signed Sanders to replace Brown. Gabriel Davis had an excellent rookie year, and will be our #2. Plus, Isaiah Hodgins had a redshirt rookie year, so we'll see what we have with him. Beasley and McKenzie are both still there. No WR in the 1st. Please.

On 4/18/2021 at 8:27 AM, Eric dunn said:

I appreciate all the feedback. I understand what some of y’all are saying about y’all’s teams. But I like to try to do some things that may be sort of not the norm on my mocks. I feel like every year there are surprises. I do look at a lot of mocks and see what teams usually do, but I like to change things up a bit.

I appreciate there are usually surprises, but the Bengals are almost never the one to surprise.  The last one I can think of in rd 1 was picking Levi Jones over Jeremy Shockey, and that was 19 years ago.  Mike Brown's front office is notoriously leaky.