NFL Owners approve jersey number change

RaidersAreOne

On 4/24/2021 at 1:04 PM, Deadpulse said:

It is going to affect play calling from the sidelines as well. It will be a lot harder to identify the packages the other team is in both on D and O. 

There are probably 5 guys every week that might be affected by this. A casual fan will probably know their numbers within a çouple weeks. Somebody watching more than 15min of tape to prepare for a game will have zero problem with this.

It's a complete non-issue from a competition standpoint.

the dumbest part of this rule is that no one in their right mind will want to buy jerseys this year for anyone but rookies. 

Too many guys will change jersey numbers in a year. I was going to buy an Aiyuk jersey, but now I need to wait a year or two because he may change his number. 

Good job, NFL!

• Like 1

On 4/25/2021 at 4:58 PM, N4L said:

the dumbest part of this rule is that no one in their right mind will want to buy jerseys this year for anyone but rookies. 

Too many guys will change jersey numbers in a year. I was going to buy an Aiyuk jersey, but now I need to wait a year or two because he may change his number. 

Good job, NFL!

Actually, Aiyuk said he will stick with 11.