Cryptocurrency Signing Bonuses and Salary Cap Ramifications

MKnight82

Where are the mods telling us to get back to talking football? Instead they're participating in the tangents on what "crypto" is. 

When it's a social justice issue or sexual assault, we're immediately steered back on topic. But something less divisive, have at it! 🤡

It is unlikely they will see any problem with it as long as the value given is market value. What I mean is a team can't buy a cryptocurrency now, give it to a player a year from now, but claim it as the value it is now vs then. I also expect the rule will be/is that the contract has to be in USD with a provision saying they will pay such value in bitcoin rather saying they will give X number of bitcoin.

29 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Where are the mods telling us to get back to talking football? Instead they're participating in the tangents on what "crypto" is. 

When it's a social justice issue or sexual assault, we're immediately steered back on topic. But something less divisive, have at it! 🤡

Tell us how you really feel...

I did share a thought (given that it's a topic I happen to be an SME at, given my current career) and I did direct to another thread that's more apropos to this line of discussion. 

You're right that it's not divisive - but more importantly, it's not an item that's governed by the rules of this website:

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/guidelines/

I see that those other two items we "steer back" on are covered - pretty extensively, at that. But, I look at these rules (which have been standard for nearly two decades) and... I DON'T see anything about Cryptocurrency. So, I don't know where I'm required to "steer back" but... What do I know, I've only been a Mod since Adrian Peterson was a rookie and the Rams were 8-8 with Jeff Fisher in St Louis.

So, hope this helps. And... next time, send me a PM.

kthx!

- ET

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Tell us how you really feel...

I did share a thought (given that it's a topic I happen to be an SME at, given my current career) and I did direct to another thread that's more apropos to this line of discussion. 

You're right that it's not divisive - but more importantly, it's not an item that's governed by the rules of this website:

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/guidelines/

I see that those other two items we "steer back" on are covered - pretty extensively, at that. But, I look at these rules (which have been standard for nearly two decades) and... I DON'T see anything about Cryptocurrency. So, I don't know where I'm required to "steer back" but... What do I know, I've only been a Mod since Adrian Peterson was a rookie and the Rams were 8-8 with Jeff Fisher in St Louis.

So, hope this helps. And... next time, send me a PM.

kthx!

- ET

How could the guidelines cover something that was non-existant at the time of creation? 

I like when we are able to have free discussions, regardless of the topic. However, if we are going to keep discussions about football solely, let's be consistent. 

But you are right; next time, I will PM.

2 hours ago, UncleAdamz said:

This reminds me of somebody who posted on WSB that they had lost all of their money on ornamental gourd futures because they forgot to sell before Halloween. 

That was a Simpsons gag....

edit: holy ****, I found the thread and only a couple of people in the replies picked up on the gag

Edited by Starless
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...